New TBR physics edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Darkskies

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I just learned that the physics TBR set has been revamped in the summer and this newest edition will not be available to home study customers until October. How different is the new edition and is there a much bigger advantage with purchasing the newest edition versus some of the older ones? If I were to order my books from the TBR website now, would I receive the newest editions or should I wait until October in order to get them? How long does it take for the books to arrive after ordering(considering I live in upstate NY)?Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

here. you can read the reply to the question i asked. hope it helps. From what i surmise, the passages are pretty much the same except different arrangement in terms of the order. content wise, read the post.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=763112

Thanks mzblue( I regret I couldn't buy the TBR books from you before they were sold haha)! I will possibly be getting the 2009 editions of the general chemistry and physics sets. I understand that the 2009 edition lacks full explanations for part B questions(whatever those are..) but would this be a big setback?

Last edited:
No, it shouldn't be a big hindrance. The part B questions are set up in a way that they test to see if you understand the concept introduced in the part A question. it's just the part A question twisted around a l'il bit. I'm not sure if the new edition will have an explanation for the part B questions. Haven't read that from anywhere yet. If you're going to take the exam in january,, you may as well get them now. Their physics book is easy to go through. The first time i used it was when i took physics II. i couldn't understand the doppler effect, i read TPR, kaplan, EK, it wasn't till i read TBR that it made sense. I really loved how they treated that topic. On the other hand, their physics questions are hard. it integrates different concepts which is a good thing because one of the physics passages on my mcat was like that. I thought of TBR book when i saw that question. It can be frustrating at times to go through their questions but in the end, it makes you a better test taker.