New to forum hello and a quick question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AuDitty

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all!

I'm entering my final year in my CD undergrad and only recently discovered audiology. It only took about three classes into the semester to know this was where I wanted to go. Now I'm so set on it, I've no interest at all in even applying to an SLP program.

Like everyone else I'm concerned about my likelihood of acceptance into an AuD program. I'm wondering if there is a site like mdapplicants.com somewhere for audiology? It would be so informative to have that kind of information available on the different schools and programs.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Welcome to the fold!

You can try ASHA's database: http://hes.asha.org:8080/EdFind/Doctoral/DoctSearch.aspx

It has information for a lot of programs, though not all.

If you're concerned about admission, it seems like a strategy that's worked for many people on this forum is to apply to multiple programs (6 to 10). GPA and GRE isn't everything. Something that professors recommended to me before applying was to get some real experience (either observing or an internship) with an audiologist.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've thoroughly scoured the ASHA site, and am working on the shadowing experience now. Next up... (shudder)... writing the new GRE.

Best of luck. It really helps to get shadowing experience as cidanu suggested, and build a rapport with the audiologist. References do matter for new applicants. If you're worried about your marks, consider applying to a few safety schools. Are you partial to any particular areas? This forum is pretty well represented.