New to the Forum and wishing I had found this earlier

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EitherWise

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i figured an introduction was part of the proper etiquette when joining a forum. I have to thank Dustbug10 for introducing me to this forum. I have been wanting, for a while now, to be able to connect with other audiology students - current and prospective, because i know there were many times during this journey that i wished someone was there to lend an ear, share a piece of advice, and tell me "thing will be ok". i know there will be many more chances for me to feel this way moving forward but i am much more confident than i ever have been.

i recently graduated with my Au.D from Northwestern's program and had the fantastic opportunity to do my externship at the Hearing and Balance Center at the Yale-New Haven Hospital. as cliche as it sounds, it was the best of times, it was the worst of times. i realize what got me through the Au.D. program were the personal and professional successes that i had during my clinic times. and it wasnt until later that i realized these arent possible if im lacking in knowledge and skill with the technical/diagnostic material. i am going to pursue private practice after what was a real eye-opening and completely paradigm-shifting weekend at Audigy Group's Fall Summit. this realization is extremely surprising and unforseen to me but i dont think i have ever been this pumped about audiology. this is more amazing than the feeling of passing comps and practicals and being given the okay to go off to my externship.

i plan to be an active member in these forums and hope to be a resource.

Members don't see this ad.

Awww isn't that sweet :lol:

btw be nice to drumhead :highfive:

Welcome EitherWise! Always good to hear another person's thoughts and experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
Awww isn't that sweet :lol:

btw be nice to drumhead :highfive:
This is one of the rare times where BigAl gives less than stellar advice. :laugh:

Thanks for joining up with us David.. Your excitement and energy will be a more than welcome addition. For the SDN regulars, EitherWise knows his stuff and I personally believe he can be a leader in audiology for a long time. In the mean time, I would recommend brushing up on your Meyers-Briggs knowledge FAST if you want to get the most out of this forum. Now, as is customary for new members:

pie-in-face.jpg

Last edited:
@BigAl - i took some time to walk away from your comments because i get where they are coming from. you are probably skeptical as to my coming to this forum and thinking all im going to do is toot my horn about this or that. i will make sure not to. i will offer my 2 cents in the hopes of spurring good and smart conversation. i will be sure to take into consideration everyone else's two cents and pretty sure realize that they are worth way more than just that. i look forward to more interactions with you and getting to know where you come from and where youre headed =)

@Dustbug - thanks for the warm welcome and tip. now where do i find the showers?

i can tell this is a good place to start getting involved with our field of audiology and im gonna make sure it doesnt stop here. looking forward to getting to know the rest of you. if you guys have made introductions before please do a shameless plug of yourself and bump those threads =)

@BigAl - i took some time to walk away from your comments because i get where they are coming from. you are probably skeptical as to my coming to this forum and thinking all im going to do is toot my horn about this or that. i will make sure not to. i will offer my 2 cents in the hopes of spurring good and smart conversation. i will be sure to take into consideration everyone else's two cents and pretty sure realize that they are worth way more than just that. i look forward to more interactions with you and getting to know where you come from and where youre headed =)

Just think of vegas and the big guy you sat next to, and you'll know who I am :thumbup:

Just think of vegas and the big guy you sat next to, and you'll know who I am :thumbup:

lol. did you know who i was when i started this thread? good to hear from you. dont be a stranger =)