New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was #5 on the waitlist and have been accepted on January 15th. You can always call them, and they’ll let you know your current spot in the waitlist. They are super nice! Good luck! It was moving pretty fast.
That’s good to hear! I was just unsure if I should because I know some schools don’t like to give out that information/be bothered but I think I’ll reach out to them. Thanks so much and congrats to you!
 
Has anyone interviewed with SUNY Upstate yet? I have an interview with them coming up! Also, does anyone know anything about Stony Brook? I’m on their waitlist and anxiously waiting and hoping they contact me

I asked about my waitlist number for stony, I am around 100 I was kinda bummed out first, but I asked about my chance to get in, she told me according last two years they went through the whole waitlist which was 190 people, so don’t be discouraged, people who are on the waitlist have a good chance getting in
 
I asked about my waitlist number for stony, I am around 100 I was kinda bummed out first, but I asked about my chance to get in, she told me according last two years they went through the whole waitlist which was 190 people, so don’t be discouraged, people who are on the waitlist have a good chance getting in
Thanks for the reply! I just found out I am currently in the 60’s and was originally around 100 as well. Really hoping for good news for both of us!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know whether downstate is still giving any more interviews or whether the class is full?
Same question about touro- whether the class is full
 
I am asking a similar question as the person above for NYU and stony brook. I still have heard nothing since I submitted my app.
 
I am asking a similar question as the person above for NYU and stony brook. I still have heard nothing since I submitted my app.

NYU has made it sound like all their decisions will be finalized at the end of February. (They have new student orientation I believe in April.) I’m sorry but I don’t think they’re doing any more interviews.
 
NYU has made it sound like all their decisions will be finalized at the end of February. (They have new student orientation I believe in April.) I’m sorry but I don’t think they’re doing any more interviews.
That's what I figured, I just wish I was given a rejection at least!
 
Thanks! Is there any specifics about the program that stood out to you or anything you disliked?
I'm sorry to get back so late, i really liked how anyone you spoke to relatively said the same thing about the program .. how they feel really wel set up and there are plenty of people around to you when you need it. Dislikes is the cost but they had me sold ! I would go there if i get off the waitlist
 
I'm sorry to get back so late, i really liked how anyone you spoke to relatively said the same thing about the program .. how they feel really wel set up and there are plenty of people around to you when you need it. Dislikes is the cost but they had me sold ! I would go there if i get off the waitlist
Same boat as you. I was sold on them after the interview also despite the cost. I really want to go there but on the waitlist 🙁 hope we both get in!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got accepted there & I’m for sure attending. Loved everything about the program except the cost aha.
Yeah the cost really freaks me the hell out haha, very excited to interview but that 150k figure just looms over my head.
 
Congratulations! Can I ask did they email you or send a letter in the mail? I also applied, hoping to hear soon.
They sent an email and an acceptance Package should come in the mail- double check they have the right contact info! They had the wrong email address for me
 
Hi everyone! Any updates from SUNY Downstate? I have yet to hear back from them regarding an interview...does anyone know if they finished sending out invitations?
 
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know whether downstate is still giving any more interviews or whether the class is full?
Same question about touro- whether the class is full
Pretty sure Touro is still filling seats. Not 100% sure, but the class was not complete when I went to the open house a few weeks ago
 
I got waitlisted at LIU and then accepted and it took about 20 days but part of those were during the holidays.
Also, sent in a deposit for Touro Manhattan if you decide to go there, lmk!
I also have a seat at Touro Manhattan! Torn between that and one other school!
 
also got on, but feel like i've been on unofficially since my interview...
I feel like we could find out anytime unless april if someone drops their spot

I same the same Bc i was on the second round on the interview, but I think they sent out all the decisions to the applicants. The bad thing is that they don’t do ranking so we have no clue how close we are from being accepted. I hope more people dropping off their seat since their tuition is kinda expensive! Btw their program starts the beginning of June right ?
 
Just an update. I just got accepted to D'Youville but I will be declining. Hopefully this gives other students a chance. Good luck all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if Columbia or Nyu begin pulling off the people from the waitlist yet ?
I dont know about NYU but Columbia is allegedly supposed to have a full class by beginning of April. Im not sure if a lot of movement has been made yet but I know one person got off of their alternate list. When did you interview?
 
I dont know about NYU but Columbia is allegedly supposed to have a full class by beginning of April. Im not sure if a lot of movement has been made yet but I know one person got off of their alternate list. When did you interview?

I didn’t interview in Columbia, but they directly put me on the waitlist
 
Do you mind me asking what your stats were?
Sure!
My GPA 3.57, pre req GPA was about a 3.2-3.4 depending on the school
LOR: 2 Professors 1 PT
Hours: I probably had at least 500 when I applied, I worked as an aide at two different clinics and had some hours at a SNF and Acute care
Extra curriculars: I ran DI cross country and track and was in a couple of different clubs during Undergrad. I also worked part-time on campus and have a ton of volunteer hours.
I also think something that set me apart was my Essay! I wrote about something personal and it was all we talked about during my interview.

Hope this helps!
 
Just got in LIU from the waitlist, and I’m stilling waiting for NYU, but kinda debating between rugters and liu, any thoughts about these programs ?
 
Just got in LIU from the waitlist, and I’m stilling waiting for NYU, but kinda debating between rugters and liu, any thoughts about these programs ?

Hey I'm still on the waitlist for LIU. Just wondering when your interview from them was and when did they email you that you were on the waitlist. Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi everyone, I interviewed at LIU 12/4, waitlisted 12/11 and accepted 1/30. I declined my spot 2/14 but I'm still receiving admission updates/instructions. idk if this means their system is backed up/slow. hope my spot opens up for one you! good luck!!