New York 2018-2019 Updates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone have any information on Touro? How the program is, tuition, etc.? I am torn between Stony Brook and Touro, Touro is closer location wise but I’m not sure the tuition difference. I’d appreciate any input!! Thank you 🙂
idk about stony brook, but touro has tuition information online
 
Stony brook is a state school rather than a private school so they should be lower in tuition .. not sure how much
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone not heard anything from NYU or stony brook? I applied back in October and have still heard nothing at all.
 
any Info on LIU? Seems like a good amount of people getting off waitlist and I haven’t even been offered an interview lol. Was told another round of interviews in feb but wondering if there are actually slots left.
 
I have heard only negative things about Touro, both from a recent student and from a couple of currently practicing PTs (who went to other schools). It sounds like the school is underfunded and faculty don't seem to care about the students' success, but that is just my interpretation from what I've heard, not based on personal experience (I have never visited either campus).

Was this the consensus for both Touro’s campuses, Manhattan and Bayshore?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Got off the waitlist for LIU today, will decline my spot, hopefully it will help someone who is on the waitlist and likes to attend!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey! Congrats on waitlist, there's still a chance!! Unfortunately, I have not received anything YET... when and how did you hear from them? Good luck!

Hey, I noticed that you applied to D'Youville, did you by any chance hear anything from them? Any phone call or e-mails regarding anything at all?
 
Hey, I noticed that you applied to D'Youville, did you by any chance hear anything from them? Any phone call or e-mails regarding anything at all?
Hi, yes I applied but have not heard back. The assistant director of the DPT program emailed me this "Official decisions will not be made until well after the application deadline, in February or early March." back in October.
 
Hi, yes I applied but have not heard back. The assistant director of the DPT program emailed me this "Official decisions will not be made until well after the application deadline, in February or early March." back in October.

Really? I got an e-mail recently saying that acceptance would be sent out at the end of January, and also included if I fulfilled the required prerequisites. Were you sent an e-mail of that sort?
 
Really? I got an e-mail recently saying that acceptance would be sent out at the end of January, and also included if I fulfilled the required prerequisites. Were you sent an e-mail of that sort?
No, I did not receive any e-mail after that. Do you know if it was sent to every applicant?
 
No, I did not receive any e-mail after that. Do you know if it was sent to every applicant?

I'm not too sure about that actually. I've been in contact with them, but it has been for general questions only. The e-mail just acknowledged that the PT department has received my complete application. It stated when acceptance would be given (end of Jan) and then the prerequisite review (with a 'Yes' or 'No' beside each prerequisite) to indicate which ones are complete and not complete. It then pretty much said that the prereq GPA must be 3.2 or higher, and that if in the case a 'No' has been indicated beside a prereq, and you feel like you have a course to fulfill that prereq, to provide a course description/syllabus. Ends off by stating once again that admissions decisions will be sent at the end of January.
 
I'm not too sure about that actually. I've been in contact with them, but it has been for general questions only. The e-mail just acknowledged that the PT department has received my complete application. It stated when acceptance would be given (end of Jan) and then the prerequisite review (with a 'Yes' or 'No' beside each prerequisite) to indicate which ones are complete and not complete. It then pretty much said that the prereq GPA must be 3.2 or higher, and that if in the case a 'No' has been indicated beside a prereq, and you feel like you have a course to fulfill that prereq, to provide a course description/syllabus. Ends off by stating once again that admissions decisions will be sent at the end of January.
Thanks for the detailed info! Not sure why they would ask for pre-reqs when we submitted them through PTCAS... anyways good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any information on Touro? How the program is, tuition, etc.? I am torn between Stony Brook and Touro, Touro is closer location wise but I’m not sure the tuition difference. I’d appreciate any input!! Thank you 🙂

touro tuition is around 85-90k
stony brook is 125k

touros professors and faculty don't measure up to stony brooks, in my opinion and according to many of my friends who are current students as well as alum. i have not heard anything negative about stony brook (and i've spoken to over 10 friends) but have heard many cons re: touro (faculty arent as caring, issues with affiliations, etc)
 
Does anyone have any information on Touro? How the program is, tuition, etc.? I am torn between Stony Brook and Touro, Touro is closer location wise but I’m not sure the tuition difference. I’d appreciate any input!! Thank you 🙂
I visited the Manhattan campus this week, and the professors all seemed really nice and I messaged someone in their first year who said that the professors are really helpful and always there for you
 
What did you think of the interview and the school? They just called me for one next week, but I got into two other schools so I'm not sure it's worth it.
The interview was amazing, I think it was a big part of my acceptance. It was so down to earth and conversational. I interviewed with Dr. Katz, she was so sweet. She really asked one or two questions, and others was just going with the flow. Questions she asked, what do I know about Downstate? am I prepared to participate in professional touching with both genders?
Dont know much about the program though
 
Realized not too long ago that Downstate is a BS/DPT program, so offers both BS in Health Sciences and DPT, total of 132.5 credits in three years... anybody has any strong opinions on this?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
accepted to csi. i’m between csi, drexel and stony brook. mostly stony brook and csi...
csi is ~40k
stony ~ 125k

but i’m in loveeeee with stony and feel bleh about csi. not sure what to do
 
accepted to csi. i’m between csi, drexel and stony brook. mostly stony brook and csi...
csi is ~40k
stony ~ 125k

but i’m in loveeeee with stony and feel bleh about csi. not sure what to do

Congrats!!!!!! 40K is sooooo much cheaper than 125K. That 85K difference is so much...I personally think it’s worth it for 3 years. But your call haha! Congrats again!