New York Medical College Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jackieMD2007

***MVI***
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

When you log into the status update page, it says something to the effect that you can't see if your letters have been received yet until they have confirmed receipt of your secondary.

Has anyone had this section update yet? If so, when did you submit your secondary? I submitted yesterday--I wonder if they are going to update over the weekend and we'll be able to see on Monday?

Just asking because I might need to dispatch some additional letters from interfolio if the originals are missing.

Thoughts?

Thanks! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Come on. I KNOW I am not the ONLY ONE who applied to NYMC!
Anyone else got a status check on there like mine, showing nothing?
Anyone got a status check that shows letters?
I want to hear from everyone.

Bueller. Bueller. Anyone?

Letters of Evaluation Received

In order to view your received evaluations your secondary application must first be processed by the Admissions Office.

That's exactly what mine says. I sent it in on 7/20

Members don't see this ad :)
Right. Yes. That is exactly what mine says too.

Anyone get "PROCESSED" yet? Anyone showing letters?

This is what I want to know. :luck:

jackieMD2007 said:
Come on. I KNOW I am not the ONLY ONE who applied to NYMC!
Anyone else got a status check on there like mine, showing nothing?
Anyone got a status check that shows letters?
I want to hear from everyone.

Bueller. Bueller. Anyone?

I see the same thing, I vaguely remember reading somewhere that they wont update everything until late July...like the 28th. And then they will start reviewing and confirming that they have received everything.
I need someone to verify this though.
I submitted my 2ndary app 4 days ago and nothing has changed since then.

says the same thing for me too...i submitted 7/20

How long did it take you to receive the secondary after you were verified? I was verified on Wednesday, but still haven't heard from them. :(

Iceman, I had been verified since 6-23 and I received it 7-20. :)
I think people started getting it around 7-17 at the earliest.

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey everyone,

When you log into the status update page, it says something to the effect that you can't see if your letters have been received yet until they have confirmed receipt of your secondary.

Has anyone had this section update yet? If so, when did you submit your secondary? I submitted yesterday--I wonder if they are going to update over the weekend and we'll be able to see on Monday?

Just asking because I might need to dispatch some additional letters from interfolio if the originals are missing.

Thoughts?

cut NYMC some slackie, jackie ;) they just released the secondary!

says the same thing for me =)

Robizzle said:
cut NYMC some slackie, jackie ;) they just released the secondary!

says the same thing for me =)

Just wondering. Geez, Robizzle. Like you didn't want to know, too, if that's what everyone's said. :laugh:

Why cant all secondaries be this easy.

jackieMD2007 said:
Iceman, I had been verified since 6-23 and I received it 7-20. :)
I think people started getting it around 7-17 at the earliest.

Thanks for the info. I guess they're releasing them in small batches or something. In any case, I've got a bunch of other secondaries to work on. :eek:

My status page shows LORs as received...it lists the names.

Members don't see this ad :)
jackieMD2007 said:
Hey everyone,

Thoughts?

why did you decide to use interfolio

I chose to use interfolio just as a backup--a letter here and there was getting lost in the shuffle already, and instead of having to contact the prof in question (perhaps multiple times as I am applying to 16+ schools), I could just have IF send the replacement letter.

Mine shows that my letters have been received and I'm complete for review.

My undergrad institution sent out a committee letter earlier this week and NYMC shows that my letters were received but my secondary still has to be processed (submitted that on 7/20, the day I got it). My primary still isn't verified though, even though it's been ready for review for over a week or two now (I forget when exactly).

I guess we'll see; good luck everyone.

Hey you guys!
Did anyone's status change (that submitted 7/20)??
Anyone showing letters yet? Or do we still have the "yet to be processed" message??
I'm still the same---nothing. :mad:

jackieMD2007 said:
Hey you guys!
Did anyone's status change (that submitted 7/20)??
Anyone showing letters yet? Or do we still have the "yet to be processed" message??
I'm still the same---nothing. :mad:

same thing. i got your backie jackie.

Robizzle said:
same thing. i got your backie jackie.
:love: ya Boston Rob.

WHAT THE F NYMC!!?!?!

THIS IS THE BULLSH*T OF ALL BULLSH*TS!! I MEAN IT THIS TIME!!!
And Loyola! Where the H is my secondary?!?

Whew. That is better. Okay. Yes.

so i'm filling out of my NYMC secondary. I filled in everything for my 2 science and 1 nonscience no problem but what do i do for the optional page? I put in my letter writer's name, title and institution but then i get this red messege telling me I need to fill in the course name/number/hours. My letter is from volunteering so do i just ignore the msg?

Thanks in advace =D