2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chilly_md

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you @cranberrylimeade for sharing this year's questions.

2023-2024 New York Medical College Secondary

Mod Note: for clarification, this school does not really utilize full essays like how most others do.

1. If you do not have any family members with a connection to NYMC for any of the below categories you can skip this section.
  • In this activity please indicate if you have/had a family member (Grandparent, Parent or Sibling) that attended the NYMC School of Medicine. Applicable to alumni from School of Medicine only. Does not apply to alumni from NYMC-sponsored residency programs, NYMC Graduate School of Basic Medical Sciences (GSBMS) or NYMC School of Health Sciences & Practice (SHSP)
  • In this activity please indicate if you have a family member (Grandparent, Parent or Sibling) Applicable to full-time faculty at School of Medicine only
  • In this activity please indicate if you have a family member (Grandparent, Parent or Sibling) Applicable to full-time employees at School of Medline only.
2. Please review the NYMC Social Media Policy. If you select YES, we ask that you please briefly explain what has been posted.
3. Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19
that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider
4. Please review the NYMC Technical Standards on our NYMC.EDU website for Admissions and Enrollment and attest to your understanding of them. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says policies related to student admission to view the link.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
prompt: @chilly_md

1. If you do not have any family members with a connection to NYMC for any of the below categories you can skip this section.

• In this activity please indicate if you have/had a family member (Grandparent, Parent or Sibling) that attended the NYMC School of Medicine. Applicable to alumni from School of Medicine only. Does not apply to alumni from NYMC-sponsored residency programs, NYMC Graduate School of Basic Medical Sciences (GSBMS) or NYMC School of Health Sciences & Practice (SHSP)
  • In this activity please indicate if you have a family member (Grandparent, Parent or Sibling) Applicable to full-time faculty at School of Medicine only
  • In this activity please indicate if you have a family member (Grandparent, Parent or Sibling) Applicable to full-time employees at School of Medline only.
2. Please review the NYMC Social Media Policy. If you select YES, we ask that you please briefly explain what has been posted.

3. Please share any disruptions in your academic, volunteer, work, and/or personal life related to COVID-19
that you would like the Admissions Committee to consider

4. Please review the NYMC Technical Standards on our NYMC.EDU website for Admissions and Enrollment and attest to your understanding of them. Please scroll down to the bottom of the page where it says policies related to student admission to view the link.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
should i be worried if i haven’t gotten a secondary email yet or do they send them out in waves?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They send secondaries on a weekend 😭

Hey guys, does anyone know what to do about LORs if I am a double major? I have two letters from one major, and one letter from my second major. Although I would really just prefer to submit the first two. Does anyone know if they require letters from both majors?

did anyone get a confirmation email after submitting secondary? on the portal it said everything went through but I didn't get an email so was wondering if this is standard

did anyone get a confirmation email after submitting secondary? on the portal it said everything went through but I didn't get an email so was wondering if this is standard
same. Didnt get an email but after paying they said they will send us an email to let us know when the application is considered "complete" and sent to the adcom for review for invite consideration. They said this take 4-6 weeks.

didi anyone else not do the COVID essay? I took it as being optional

Anybody getting an email to submit the supplemental earlier than later after already submitting?

Anyone else get an automated email reminding them to complete NYMC's secondary after they've already submitted it? Assuming this is just something that happens until we get marked complete?

Anyone else get an automated email reminding them to complete NYMC's secondary after they've already submitted it? Assuming this is just something that happens until we get marked complete?
Yeah, I got this too. It made me log back in and make sure I submitted it lol.

Email received "Supplemental Gateway Reminder" even though I never received the original secondary email. Also, is anyone seeing a completely white screen when they log in? I am unable to do anything other than log out.

Email received "Supplemental Gateway Reminder" even though I never received the original secondary email. Also, is anyone seeing a completely white screen when they log in? I am unable to do anything other than log out.
same here! not sure what is going on

admissions told me to clear my cache/browser which didnt work...anyone else able to fix the issue?

I'm trying to submit my secondary but the "review your responses and pay" button remains grayed out -- I've tried clearing my cache, new browser window, etc. Anyone else having a similar issue?

I'm trying to submit my secondary but the "review your responses and pay" button remains grayed out -- I've tried clearing my cache, new browser window, etc. Anyone else having a similar issue?
it was grayed out for me for like 5-10 sec. then, it was okay. Good luck!

Did anyone else get an email from them with the subject title 'NYMC - Additional Evaluation Request' but the email itself is just confirmation of payment?

Anyone else having issues with payment? I've tried 2 different cards but with both it's told me it's unable to process

Anyone else having issues with payment? I've tried 2 different cards but with both it's told me it's unable to process
This is weird but for some schools I've had to use Safari instead of Chrome, and then use like a personal hotspot or different wifi. If none of that works, I would contact NYMC