New York Test Centers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tessy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Those of you who already took CBT MCAT in New York, what test center do you recommend? I am trying to choose between Brooklyn Test Center on Livingston Street ( I took another tets over there few years ago and remember thay have those huge monitors, but they could have changed them), New York Test Center on Third Avenue, and NY Test Center at One Penn Plaza. It is very unfortunate that aamc does not provide us with the phone numbers of those centers, as I would like to call them first. Can anybody provide me with the phone numbers? I tried yellow pages, but could not find them over there.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Those of you who already took CBT MCAT in New York, what test center do you recommend? I am trying to choose between Brooklyn Test Center on Livingston Street ( I took another tets over there few years ago and remember thay have those huge monitors, but they could have changed them), New York Test Center on Third Avenue, and NY Test Center at One Penn Plaza. It is very unfortunate that aamc does not provide us with the phone numbers of those centers, as I would like to call them first. Can anybody provide me with the phone numbers? I tried yellow pages, but could not find them over there.

Thank you.

Hey, the phone numbers for the testing sites can be found on the Thompson Prometric website. Here's a few NYC #'s:

Livingston St, Brooklyn - 718-722-1434
317 Madison Ave - 212-682-5754
1 Penn Plaza (suite 1540) - (212)760-1137
1 Penn Plaza (17th Fl) - 212-631-0020
675 Third Ave - 646-487-6320

(I didn't check to make sure the MCAT was offered at all these locations, so you should double check on that.)

Honestly, Livingston St was an amazing test center with new modern computers. I would highly recommend you take the test there.

Good luck!

Thanks Mila for the info!

I registered for the Livingston St. administration on May 31 as a result of your recommendation. I didn't want to take any chances after reading all the horror stories from the January CBT people. Take care.

Off to study.

steve

Members don't see this ad :)
how can i find the horror stories about CBT sites in New York? Does anyone recommend a New York test location or have a bad experience with any particular test location? I see one vote for Livingston......

One Penn Plaza is a mixed bag. I had a terrible CRT monitor/keyboard combination (my eyes adjusted to the slight flicker during the span of the tutorial but I literally had to pound out my essays). However, 90% of the other machines in the room were brand new with LCD monitors so I just had bad luck. On the plus side, the chairs were very comfy, ample desk room, seasoned room monitors (check-in/out took less than a minute total), etc. Bathrooms were down the hall and pass-coded, making for slightly stressful breaks.

Overall, the testing center influenced my examination performance very little, making it neither unpleasant nor exceedingly comfortable. As such, I would rate it about average.

I have taken exams at both Livingston Street and Garden City. What I liked about Livingston was that it was a bigger facility and they let me start the exam 30 minutes earlier (I took the DAT there). They gave unlimited amounts of paper which was good too. I recently took the MCAT in Garden City and our proctor was not very timely, we ended up starting late. They gave us those erasable boards with markers to write on and the room was relatively small. Hope this helps.

One Penn Plaza is a mixed bag.... However, 90% of the other machines in the room were brand new with LCD monitors so I just had bad luck.

Wow, there were actual LCDs there? I didn't see any @ Penn. What floor were you on?

just wanted to bump this thread up.
more reviews about test sites convenient to the nyc metro area? anyone?

I took the test at 1 Penn Plaza, Suite 1540. The people were nice enough, the computer equipment there was somewhere around ten years old. I wasn't used to the feel of the wheel mouse and not having a scroll wheel.

Experience: Average.