New Yorkers Needed!!

Started by aar239
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

aar239

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,
I am constantly looking at this site so I thought I could use it to help me in a tight situation. I am currently a senior at NYU writing my honors sociology thesis and I need people to interview for the project. The project revolves around the image of the "cut-throat" pre-med student and will analyze if there is a difference in the level of competition between pre-med students at public and private universities. The majority of my data will be based on interviews with students so it's really important that I sit down and talk to different people. Since i'm in NYC it would be easiest to get in touch with others in the area. If there are any senior or older pre-med students in NY (pref. from public universities) who would be willing to sit down with me for my thesis please pm me or e-mail me at [email protected].
P.S. I will be willing to provide compensation for your time
Thanxs so much and good luck to everyone 😀
 
Yeah it's for real. I'm only a poor college student and my school doesn't give grants for undergraduate thesis' so I have to pay for everything out of my own pocket which means i can only give $15 to people who will sit down with me for an interview.
My thesis is due soon so I really need to get some interviews so if any1(especially those from public schools) are willing to help me please let me know.
Thanxs
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh i went to a private university, Cornell. and then NYU for grad schl. sorry i could not help. if you still want to talk to someone who went to private univ i am willing to help you. if we can do this over the phone you dont have to pay me.
 
why not compose a survey or something and have people fill it out for you? i attend a private school in NJ, but i'd definitely help via email/phone if you need it -- i just think you'd get a better response (and probably have more reliable concrete data) if you design a survey. or how about you get us interviews at NYU's adcom, and we'll stop by your 'office' afterwards?
best of luck~
 
Interviews would allow me to get the information that I need better. Thanxs for the suggestion though 🙂
 
aar239 said:
Interviews would allow me to get the information that I need better. Thanxs for the suggestion though 🙂

You could even do something like an AIM interview couldn't you? I think it'll be difficult to get numbers to take time out and go meet with you. Best of luck though.
 
Bump.. :scared:

the deadline for my thesis is coming up soon and I really need to get some more interviews so if u can do it could you please please pm me or e-mail me at [email protected]
thanxs
 
Bump...
Ok guys..this is my last time asking for help. I am getting worried that I may not be able to finish my thesis. :scared:
I have changed it so that now if any1 is interested and went to a public university I will e-mail them the questions and they can type up the answers and send them back to me.
So if any1 is willing to fill out a short questionaiire about their experience in college as a pre-med student please e-mail me at [email protected]
Thanxs!!
 
Last Bump!!!!!!!!
I really need some help. I only have 1 week left to obtain my data so if any1 is willing to fill out a 15 min questionaire please e-mail me at [email protected]
Wish me luck! :scared: