Next Step 108 CARS scoring accuracy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDPedigree

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been taking full length cars sections from Next Step's 108 cars books. Anyone ever use this and can attest to how good it is and how accurate the scoring is? I started off getting 124-125's per section but am now up to 126-127's. I hope this is accurate in terms of scoring. Can someone shed some light?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

here for comments .... also, do you see variability in your scores? started at 125, eventually got up to 128, then 124,127, 126.......... what the crap????!

Wait, there are scores for the 108 sections? I do not see these anywhere in my NS 108 book. How are you calculating these scaled scores? Are you making the conversions up yourself?

AFAIK there is no 1 raw to scaled score conversion for any given section. Each CARS, C/P, B/B, P/S section will have its own unique raw to scaled score range. This range can only really be determined by having students take the test and seeing their performance and running the stats on it, just like the AAMC, NS and others do with their practice MCAT exams.

This is why you do not see scaled scores in stuff like the AAMC section bank, NextStep 108 CARS book, or EK passage practice books.

Members don't see this ad :)
At the very end theres a rough scaled score estimation sheet... but that is good point!

I went through 8 sections (about 72 passages) from the NS book. I feel like their passages are a bit more difficult and dense compared to AAMC. I think you are doing fine for now but you still need to practice passages from AAMC. Either buy their CARS packages or do their practice exams.