NHSC 2023 application cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received a confirmation of interest email at 5:35 PM EST!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Also just received the "finalist" notification email, but they're definitely trying to be clear that just because you are a finalist doesn't mean you'll be awarded... despite them asking for bank account information, good standing notifications, etc.

Reactions: 1 users
Also just received the "finalist" notification email, but they're definitely trying to be clear that just because you are a finalist doesn't mean you'll be awarded... despite them asking for bank account information, good standing notifications, etc.

Do you know if this just a formality until tax info and good standing, etc. are cleared and then you’ll receive it? Or is it like X amount of people are finalists and they will choose X percent from that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you know if this just a formality until tax info and good standing, etc. are cleared and then you’ll receive it? Or is it like X amount of people are finalists and they will choose X percent from that?
The former is my hopeful feeling. I think they're trying to figure out who don't want it more than who do.

Reactions: 1 user
What time did you all get finalist notifications? I didn’t get anything but hoping they’re doing one by one instead of all at once?

For those of you who are finalists, did you apply for the 4 year scholarship?

Members don't see this ad :)
Finalist! I hope my school doesn't lag it with the enrollment verification form.

I submitted my confirmation of interest and on the page it states “All awards will be made by August 19, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM EDT”. Does anyone know if this is just the deadline or does that mean that those of us who heard back as finalists will know by then if we are awarded the scholarship?

I submitted my confirmation of interest and on the page it states “All awards will be made by August 19, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM EDT”. Does anyone know if this is just the deadline or does that mean that those of us who heard back as finalists will know by then if we are awarded the scholarship?
I took it as all awards for this first round will be made by the 19th, but who knows. 🤷‍♂️

People in the Pre Med forum reported getting credit checks today.

People in the Pre Med forum reported getting credit checks today.
I can confirm I see a credit check from "NHSC LRP/SP/HRSA" dated today. I'm slightly miffed that it's coming after my 50-point deduction that happened from taking out loans for this first semester (total debt increased from 54 dollars to nearly 20k)... but I still have a fine credit score, so I guess it's okay.

This may be a stupid question but does anyone know how they even find your bank info for the credit checks? I signed today but haven’t seen anything in my inbox about a credit check.

They should have your social security number thrice over. I would assume that is how.

Ah makes sense. Literally have no idea how this works lol, thank you! How long did it take for you to receive a credit check after signing?

Any updates? The confirmation page said awards will be given out by the 19th. I'm losing hope since its the weekend. :/

Any updates? The confirmation page said awards will be given out by the 19th. I'm losing hope since its the weekend. :/

When I logged in again, it no longer says the 19th and just has a . so maybe final decisions will be pushed back? Wish they gave us more info or a timeline so we know what to expect

I concur that I only see the expected date as a dot now.
As someone still waiting to see if more batches will be sent out after the first round of awards, this is very disappointing 😅

Did anyone receive a finalist email but no credit check yet? I keep checking every few hours and nothing (my account is not frozen/locked). I called them and they said to just expect an email but nothing

I just logged in again and mine says now under review. I'm so confused about this whole process now. Is it showing under review for any of you too?

I just logged in again and mine says now under review. I'm so confused about this whole process now. Is it showing under review for any of you too?
What was it showing for you before?

Mine says "in final review", as it did after submitting the documentation they requested.
No, I haven't received any email or call, or credit check. I just saw my application going from a "." to under review. May I ask, did you have your application "under review" before "in final review"? if so, do you mind sharing for how long?

No, I haven't received any email or call, or credit check. I just saw my application going from a "." to under review. May I ask, did you have your application "under review" before "in final review"? if so, do you mind sharing for how long?
Mine was "under review" since I submitted the initial application earlier this year. Switched to "in final review" when I got the finalist notification.

I applied for the 2 year scholarship, would the timeline be different for those that applied for 2 year?

I applied for the 2 year scholarship, would the timeline be different for those that applied for 2 year?
I believe the timeline is the same no matter how much scholarship support you asked for.

Unable to log in. Says insufficient user access. I wonder if this means anything. 👀

edit: no update. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Last edited:
I wonder what happened for them to give y’all a date and then just cancel it

I’m thinking it might have been a mistake since that was the date of the deadline to submit the confirmation of interest, not sure though.

Things definitely look different now. There are statements present like:

"Success! You have confirmed your intent to accept the FY 2023 National Health Service Corps Scholar Program award."

There is also a date again, though it's not super helpful because that date is enclosed in the statement: "All awards will be made by August 19, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM EDT", which has obviously passed... but maybe goes to show this is a done deal when combined with the final change of my status, which now says:

Your overall application status is Accepted Award - Under Final Review.

Overall, sounds like we're getting closer to a sure thing. Still no countersignature yet.

Things definitely look different now. There are statements present like:

There is also a date again, though it's not super helpful because that date is enclosed in the statement: "All awards will be made by August 19, 2023 at 11:59:59 PM EDT", which has obviously passed... but maybe goes to show this is a done deal when combined with the final change of my status, which now says:

Overall, sounds like we're getting closer to a sure thing. Still no countersignature yet.

Mine is still the same even though I confirmed my interest and submitted all documents. Still no date or change in status other than under final review. I wonder why that is?

Mine is still the same even though I confirmed my interest and submitted all documents. Still no date or change in status other than under final review. I wonder why that is?
Mine looks the same as well.

Maybe you all already see something that looks like this? This is certainly not what I could see last Friday.

Attachments

• Success! You have confirmed your intent to accept the FY 2023 National Health Service Corps Sc...JPG
    Success! You have confirmed your intent to accept the FY 2023 National Health Service Corps Sc...JPG
    57 KB · Views: 65