NHSC APPLICATION 2014/2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know it was stated before about how to check your report and credit score but I have a couple questions about that... 1. Does it give you an immediate response online with the info? 2. Does checking your own report and/or score hurt your credit score?

Thanks!

I know it was stated before about how to check your report and credit score but I have a couple questions about that... 1. Does it give you an immediate response online with the info? 2. Does checking your own report and/or score hurt your credit score?

Thanks!

1. If you use the free annual credit report, it may or may not give you an immediate response. If you used creditkarma.com which is free of charge it will give you an immediate reponse. it will be under the inquiries portion of your credit.

2. No it does not hurt to check your own credit, if you use the free annual credit report or creditkarma.com

Members don't see this ad :)
1. If you use the free annual credit report, it may or may not give you an immediate response. If you used creditkarma.com which is free of charge it will give you an immediate reponse. it will be under the inquiries portion of your credit.

2. No it does not hurt to check your own credit, if you use the free annual credit report or creditkarma.com
Awesome, thank you so much!

What else am I supposed to do while I dreadfully wait to hear back from them!? ;)

Reactions: 1 user
The credit check comes under the DHHS HRSA

Reactions: 1 users
Also I called today and they said that some people who have applied for the Loan Repayment Program have been notified of their award soo keep your eyes out on your email! SO they are beginning to send award notices!

Reactions: 2 users
Also I called today and they said that some people who have applied for the Loan Repayment Program have been notified of their award soo keep your eyes out on your email! SO they are beginning to send award notices!

I called too and they also told me the same thing!

What about the scholars? Any word about those?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been reading this thread the past few days and finally joined. Got my credit ran by Dept. of Health yesterday 6/23. I applied for a 3-year scholarship

Reactions: 3 users
I've been reading this thread the past few days and finally joined. Got my credit ran by Dept. of Health yesterday 6/23. I applied for a 3-year scholarship

Thanks Josce for letting us know the update! I wouldn't have checked mine if you didn't decide to join just for us :) :=|:-):

I also got my credit ran by dept. of health 6/23. Hopefully it still means the good news it meant last year! I'm pretty excited that they seem to be moving a lot faster this cycle.

Thanks Josce for letting us know the update! I wouldn't have checked mine if you didn't decide to join just for us :) :=|:-):

I also got my credit ran by dept. of health 6/23. Hopefully it still means the good news it meant last year! I'm pretty excited that they seem to be moving a lot faster this cycle.

Congrats to both of you!! Did they check all three bureaus? Was it a hard inquiry?

Congrats to both of you!! Did they check all three bureaus? Was it a hard inquiry?

hmm. I have no clue if they checked all three. And it was a hard inquiry. I checked using credit Karma. Im trying not to get too excited until receiving an actual letter. I see from last year that they checked credit on different dates, so keep fingers crossed that everyone will see a credit inquiry soon! :luck:

No check yet, I also use Credit Karma! Let's hope for more good news for you, and some for me and others!!! :luck:

I called them today and she told me everyone gets their credit check and that everyone is still in the review stage. No decisions have been made and decisions can be made all the way to the end of September. The next good thing to look out for is a contract emailed to you. Good luck to everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
I called them today and she told me everyone gets their credit check and that everyone is still in the review stage. No decisions have been made and decisions can be made all the way to the end of September. The next good thing to look out for is a contract emailed to you. Good luck to everyone!!

That's great news!

Hence, why I'm trying to not get too excited lol

edit: did she say anything about when decisions possibly could be made?

Last edited:
She didnt give a date, but she hinted if u haven't heard some in like 2 months call to check status

Thanks to everyone sharing info and keeping the thread updated! You are all being super helpful. I really hope WE ALL hear some good news about the scholarship.
:highfive:

So I stopped receiving updates from the thread!! :( So I feel behind now </3
What are y'alls thoughts if you don't have established credit lol.... All I know is that I don't think I can check to see if my credit has been checked.

So I stopped receiving updates from the thread!! :( So I feel behind now </3
What are y'alls thoughts if you don't have established credit lol.... All I know is that I don't think I can check to see if my credit has been checked.

You don't need to have any credit history you just don't want any delinquent federal debt. If you read that PDF regarding the scholarship you'll see the info there. Also, you can use Credit Karma to view your credit info, or you can go to a free credit report website and pull your credit there. :)

You don't need to have any credit history you just don't want any delinquent federal debt. If you read that PDF regarding the scholarship you'll see the info there. Also, you can use Credit Karma to view your credit info, or you can go to a free credit report website and pull your credit there. :)

Thank you! I must've missed that in the PDF! I'll have to look through it again.....
Credit Karma won't give me a credit report or tell me whose ran a credit report :( maybe another site will!

Thank you! I must've missed that in the PDF! I'll have to look through it again.....
Credit Karma won't give me a credit report or tell me whose ran a credit report :( maybe another site will!

It's right there on your portal when you sign in.

Credit Karma will show the amount of inquiries, I swear it used to show who ran the credit but I can't seem to find it anymore. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Freecreditreport.com charges $1 for Experian. There is another website where you can check all 3 bureaus and it's free, a simple Google search will help you find the site!

They did say that they run everyone's credit though, so even if you see that they did run your credit there's still more waiting!

It's right there on your portal when you sign in.

Credit Karma will show the amount of inquiries, I swear it used to show who ran the credit but I can't seem to find it anymore. Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Freecreditreport.com charges $1 for Experian. There is another website where you can check all 3 bureaus and it's free, a simple Google search will help you find the site!

They did say that they run everyone's credit though, so even if you see that they did run your credit there's still more waiting!

Credit Karma does tell you about credit inquiries. Go all the way down and look on the left hand of the page where it says recent changes to credit report. Under that, if someone has made an inquiry, it will say "1 new inquiry added". you can click on that and see the date and name of the inquirer! Hope this helps!

Credit Karma does tell you about credit inquiries. Go all the way down and look on the left hand of the page where it says recent changes to credit report. Under that, if someone has made an inquiry, it will say "1 new inquiry added". you can click on that and see the date and name of the inquirer! Hope this helps!

I'll take a look, hopefully I'll be getting an inquiry soon! Are these instructions for the app or the website?

I'll take a look, hopefully I'll be getting an inquiry soon! Are these instructions for the app or the website?

For the website. It usually updates right away, but will send an email alert (if you have them on) like two days after the inquiry.

Credit Karma was no help for me after all :( , but annualcreditreport.com was!
I only checked one bureau (as I am assuming if they check one, they will probably check them all.. right?)
DHHS/HRSA ran a credit report for me on 6/23 as well.
Praying for everyone!

This waiting is killer though. Anyone watching the World Cup games?

So credit karma showed no recent inquiries, but annualcreditreport.com did?

Did this happen to anyone else??

Also, anyone get a new inquiry?

I think the reason why Credit Karma didn't work for me is because I have what they call a "thin file" and because of this I am unable to use any of the features the website offers --- including looking at inquiries.

Hey folks. MD applicant here. Am I the only one who has not gotten their credit checked yet?

I submitted on 05/15

@Spikedsoymilk I feel like they are checking them in batches. Some applicants have called (see above) and it seems like they run a credit check on all applicants.

I haven't, and im the one that called when they told me that everyone gets their credit checked

I ended up calling today lol
The lady I spoke with told me that they are giving out the Loan Repayment Program award (like @missz_v said :) ) so it could be soon.
I was persistent in asking when she thought they would start letting applicants know and she said she was pretty certain it would in the middle of July. :O
So maybe around the same time as last year around the 23rd or so..?

MD applicant here. I'm a reapplicant and never got a credit check last year. I think it'd be very expensive for them to credit check literally all the applicants... but who knows. This time around, however, I did get a credit check same day as @missz_v I think.

Remember, they have up to September 30th to make decisions, so plenty of time left. Good luck!

Aww man. I'm an MD applicant, and I haven't gotten my credit checked yet. I'm kind of worried.

Aww man. I'm an MD applicant, and I haven't gotten my credit checked yet. I'm kind of worried.

I'm with you! I'll keep everyone posted... Thanks for chiming in with your status updates everyone!

If things are the same as last year, there will be another round of credit checks soon. :nod:

Reactions: 4 users
If things are the same as last year, there will be another round of credit checks soon. :nod:
I think they ran some in the 3rd last year if I'm not mistaken. Be on the lookout y'all, they may just run them :)

Anyone have updated information from 2013? How many dental applicants and awards? This waiting is killing me!