NHSC Application 2016 is Officially Open!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Obamas budget for 2016 was passed in 2015. So the funding was already established for this year. The scholarship is for 2016 and the funding did not change from 2015.

http://www.aacn.nche.edu/government-affairs/Historic-FY-Funding.pdf

All this speculation is very interesting. I hope Ace is right. I'm not comfortable with this waiting right now. But seeing that a lot of us are in the same situation I would think this is normal and the countersign are coming soon. There's too many right now to deny that much of the scholarship.
 
I certain



I did some digging and found this from a thread in 2011.
Obamas budget for 2016 was passed in 2015. So the funding was already established for this year. The scholarship is for 2016 and the funding did not change from 2015.

http://www.aacn.nche.edu/government-affairs/Historic-FY-Funding.pdf
This is true. I can't imagine that our potential scholarship would be based on the budget proposal for 2017 since it technically begins paying in July which is still the 2016 fiscal year. I am glad that you posted that link. I wasn't aware that the NHSC received a 2 year extension on the mandatory funding provided by the ACA. Either way, I think we are just letting our nerves get the best of us. I'm sure we will see counter sigs soon. We just need to be patient.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All this speculation is very interesting. I hope Ace is right. I'm not comfortable with this waiting right now. But seeing that a lot of us are in the same situation I would think this is normal and the countersign are coming soon. There's too many right now to deny that much of the scholarship.
It's only speculation. Try not to stress too much, there is way to much of that in professional programs already. Lol
 
When you get countersigned you are all just finding it by clicking on your signed contract and scrolling to the last page?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Could you guys who got countersigned also post the date you submitted the contract? It would be great help. Thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any finalists that didn't get counter-signatures?
Yes, I haven't gotten counter-signed yet either. I received my finalist status the first week of August though and submitted everything August 5th. Has anyone who submitted in August already been counter-signed? It seems like only those who received finalist emails in July have been counter-signed, but I'm not sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad