You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
NHSC Application 2016 is Officially Open!
Started by hellofuturedentists
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Anyone seeing any $ yet? My school still hasn't been paid. Is everyone in the same boat?
My school was paid by NHSC last week
My school still hasn't received any payment but I got my stipend and ORC money today!!!!Anyone seeing any $ yet? My school still hasn't been paid. Is everyone in the same boat?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok so there were two payments to my account. One is the stipend and the other is the ORC?
i was wondering the same thing! and its so much that i was not expectingOk so there were two payments to my account. One is the stipend and the other is the ORC?
My school still hasn't received any payment but I got my stipend and ORC money today!!!!
Can you see the ORC payment amount on your portal?
i was wondering the same thing! and its so much that i was not expecting
Right? Not gonna complain though haha.
No I don't see it in the portal. It was directly deposited into my accountCan you see the ORC payment amount on your portal?
Just noticed that I also got paid! I was expecting that we would have gotten an email before hand. Out of curiosity, I know it varies depending on your program, but I'm curious where I fell on the spectrum of ORC payments. Is anyone comfortable with sharing approximately how much they received? It also looks like there was very little tax taken form my stipend, which I find pretty odd. Feel free to PM me.
Any tips on a (hopeful) rising dental student next year on how to apply/be competitive for the NHSC?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My school still hasn't received any payment. Anyone else?
Good luck getting funding for NHSC under Trump! This scholarship might not exist in a couple of years!Any tips on a (hopeful) rising dental student next year on how to apply/be competitive for the NHSC?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Mine has, they received it 1 month agoMy school still hasn't received any payment. Anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good luck getting funding for NHSC under Trump! This scholarship might not exist in a couple of years!
Good thing we signed that contract! Now we can sue him if he breach it!
NHSC's funding was extended because of Affordable Care Act (Obamacare). And Obamacare will be the first thing going away under Trump! CheersGood thing we signed that contract! Now we can sue him if he breach it!
2017 scholars will be the luckiest ever.
Awesome thread, congrats/condolences appropriately to everyone.
I'm putting together my first application now for the next cycle and wanted to know if the LOR are submitted through the same confusing and anonymous process as they were for our dental applications. Or if I'm OK to collect (and read) them, and submit them on my own.
Thanks in advance!
I'm putting together my first application now for the next cycle and wanted to know if the LOR are submitted through the same confusing and anonymous process as they were for our dental applications. Or if I'm OK to collect (and read) them, and submit them on my own.
Thanks in advance!
Awesome thread, congrats/condolences appropriately to everyone.
I'm putting together my first application now for the next cycle and wanted to know if the LOR are submitted through the same confusing and anonymous process as they were for our dental applications. Or if I'm OK to collect (and read) them, and submit them on my own.
Thanks in advance!
"the same confusing and anonymous process"
"the same confusing and anonymous process"
Thanks for letting me know! I was going to have a handful of people write them then pick and submit my favorites, but I guess that plan's out the window...
Hello, I will begin the UW RIDE program (rural track) in the fall. I want to apply for the NHSC. What should I start preparing ahead of the March 1st opening date?
Hello, I will begin the UW RIDE program (rural track) in the fall. I want to apply for the NHSC. What should I start preparing ahead of the March 1st opening date?
Have you been accepted to dental school? If you have, the NHSC will require you to have someone from the school you are planning to matriculate to fill out and sign a form that should be included in your application. If you haven't been accepted or have not applied to dental school, you would be ineligible to apply. Feel free to PM if you have any questions.
Do the LOR HAVE to stay confidential from us applicants? I know they're submitted by the letter writer online, like with AADSAS. But the writers have the choice to show us the letter before they submit it right?
If you are confident that your recommender will write you a good letter, then you shouldn't need to see it before you submit it.
Honor code bro. Do you even BYU?Do the LOR HAVE to stay confidential from us applicants? I know they're submitted by the letter writer online, like with AADSAS. But the writers have the choice to show us the letter before they submit it right?