NIH Loan Repayment Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Verify Payment button appeared today in my commons account along with my loan information. No email yet, but this feels like a pretty good sign. NIAAA-CR 4th(!) renewal.
Also applied through NIAAA (initial contract) and the Verify Payment button appeared today for me, too. Seems like a very good sign but I’m still anxiously awaiting that email!

Members don't see this ad.

Got the official email this morning (NIAAA-CR renewal).

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also got the email from NIAAA (initial contract) this morning, following the appearance of the verify payment button on Friday 🥳

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from NCI yet? I'm starting to lose hope :(
Application was reviewed (council review completed) on 3/30/23...and nothing since then.

Has anyone heard from NCI yet? I'm starting to lose hope :(
Application was reviewed (council review completed) on 3/30/23...and nothing since then.
Financial review April 12; salary verification 7/14; now waiting...

Congrats! Do they tend to trickle these out, or do they tend to send them out en masse? I’m a first timer and didn’t get the button on Friday.
I think they tend to come en masse by institute. So NIAAA's seem to have gone out, but this doesn't necessarily mean other institutes have as well.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard from NIAID for financial review yet??? I know it’s late already 😪

Anyone received funding decisions from NICHD yet? My financial review was completed on 5/23, was asked to verify SSN on 6/30, but nothing since then. I don't see the "verify payment" button on Commons either, so I'm starting to get worried!

Has anyone heard from NIAID for financial review yet??? I know it’s late already 😪
I went through financial review back in mid April. Just received the email that my NIAID 2-year renewal was awarded. I noticed the verify payment button maybe 1 day prior to the email.

Anyone received funding decisions from NICHD yet? My financial review was completed on 5/23, was asked to verify SSN on 6/30, but nothing since then. I don't see the "verify payment" button on Commons either, so I'm starting to get worried!
My financial review was completed and SSN was verified, but no email from NICHD or "verify payment" button yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I went through financial review back in mid April. Just received the email that my NIAID 2-year renewal was awarded. I noticed the verify payment button maybe 1 day prior to the email.
Congratulations! Does one have to be asked for financial review to get an award? Just wondering, I have a friend who received a renewal for NIAID today though he had not been asked to complete a financial review? Just wondering if I for sure missed out on an award?

Congratulations! Does one have to be asked for financial review to get an award? Just wondering, I have a friend who received a renewal for NIAID today though he had not been asked to complete a financial review? Just wondering if I for sure missed out on an award?
I received an email asking to confirm SSN and upload some loan documents like payoff amt, repayment status... Nothing like as though it were a new application. At the very least, I suspect your friend had to confirm his SSN.

I received an email asking to confirm SSN and upload some loan documents like payoff amt, repayment status... Nothing like as though it were a new application. At the very least, I suspect your friend had to confirm his SSN.
That’s what is interesting. He hadn’t received anything until today with notification of the award! Either way you both reached your goals.

Just got confirmation of funding for a new NIAID application. Including my timeline for reference:

- 11/14/2022 - Submitted
- 4/17/2023 - Salary verification
- 5/16/2023 - Financial vetting started
- 6/12/2023 - Financial vetting completed
- 7/17/2023 - "Verify payment" button appeared (maybe earlier, I wasn't checking until then)
- 7/19/2023 - Award letter

Last edited:
Anyone get word from NIDA? The last update for me was financial vetting completion on 6/26.

Received notification early this morning that my NIMH CR 1-year renewal was awarded! I didn't have the Verify payment button on Thursday when I checked (and also did not check this weekend, as I was expecting NIMH awards to go out next week based on last year's timeline).

I also received notification this morning of NIMH renewal award! 1 year instead of 2

Verify payment button showed up this morning (NHLBI)!

Reactions: 3 users
NICHD "Verify Payment" button is up for me too! Looks like I'll be getting the 2-year renewal based on the proposed payment plan. AHHHHH I'm so excited! Hope the good news keeps rolling in for everyone!

Financial review April 12; salary verification 7/14; now waiting...
Have you seen the magical "verify payment" button yet?

My NCI app is on similar timeline re: email notifications
4/17 financial review
4/26 IBO verified salary
06/13 all loan docs approved

Anything from NIDDK? All my financials/salary were approved in mid-June .. no Verify Payment button yet! getting so nervous 😬

Have you seen the magical "verify payment" button yet?

My NCI app is on similar timeline re: email notifications
4/17 financial review
4/26 IBO verified salary
06/13 all loan docs approved
Unfortunately, no. I'm checking every morning as I watch the other ICs roll out their award notifications. :)
Watching, waiting, and hoping...

I am an NIDDK renewal and haven't heard anything!
ps-my "available actions" verify documents button actually went away! I'm assuming that means I didn't get it even though I went through financial review, what a bummer. Did that happen to anyone else?

ps-my "available actions" verify documents button actually went away! I'm assuming that means I didn't get it even though I went through financial review, what a bummer. Did that happen to anyone else?
Mine did as well, like this afternoon! are you sure that's what that means?

Mine did as well, like this afternoon! are you sure that's what that means?
Not at all, just taking a guess since my rejection a couple of years ago has no button either, hoping I'm wrong! It doesn't say "not awarded" yet

Not at all, just taking a guess since my rejection a couple of years ago has no button either, hoping I'm wrong! It doesn't say "not awarded" yet
oh poop, well still hoping it's not a bad sign lol. Anyone else from NIDDK have this happen?

I applied as new award with NIDDK. I also did financial review, etc and the button under available actions also disappeared for me this afternoon

I applied as new award with NIDDK. I also did financial review, etc and the button under available actions also disappeared for me this afternoon
Then maybe this happened to everyone? Who knows lol. I applied for a new award as well, and im watching all of these acceptances roll out on twitter and i am so nervous!

Then maybe this happened to everyone? Who knows lol. I applied for a new award as well, and im watching all of these acceptances roll out on twitter and i am so nervous!
I know! I keep checking to see if any of the announcements say niddk!

For everyone that saw the 'Verify Payment' button, did you also see your 'Verify Documents' button disappear?

that was a weird rollercoaster but the verify button finally showed up, to folks who haven't found out good luck to you!

Reactions: 1 users
I got the notice of new award from NIDDK this morning. Good luck everyone!

i just got my award notice from NIAAA this morning! I must have been on the cusp. First time application and saw most others that applied at NIAAA received their notice a few weeks ago.

Hello all. My status changed to ‘pending IRG review’ does anyone happen to know what that means?

Hello all. My status changed to ‘pending IRG review’ does anyone happen to know what that means?
Mine did too- not sure when it happened but just logged on and saw it! Not sure what it means though, doesn’t sound consistent with what other folks have seen.