NIH Loan Repayment Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Update: view portal button just showed up today 🤞🤞🤞
Update: award email received this morning!!! (new NCI clinical research)

Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else's success as well!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted an new award pediatric LRP to NICHD (secondary NIAID). I was asked for financial review on 4/12 and finished being reviewed on 4/17. Ive also been stuck on “Pending IRG Review” since 4/2. I’ve been obsessively checking Twitter every day for NICHD LRP announcements and check my era commons every day but haven’t see any changes in the drop down “Actions” menu. Last year NICHD started announcing around 7/26 so it seems they’re behind. I’m hoping. This is killing my mental stability 😂
Update: View Portal and payment schedule showed up today!! I haven’t received the email yet but I’m assuming because today is a big NCI roll out (seems like it on Twitter)!

Reactions: 1 users
Update: award email also received this morning for NCI, Health Disparities Research, new award :) I'm hoping everyone else gets good news as well! (and even if you don't....try, try, again! This was my second attempt).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone here who has been financially vetted not heard yet about an award?

I know it’s rare to be vetted and not get it, but I feel like I’m going to be the rare one who this happens too. Lol

I been scrolling here with the same thought. Today, I got notified that I wasn't funded, and I was financially vetted in May. I understand not everyone is going to get it, but it really really sucks to be so close and not get it. I don't wish this feeling on anyone. Best of luck.

I been scrolling here with the same thought. Today, I got notified that I wasn't funded, and I was financially vetted in May. I understand not everyone is going to get it, but it really really sucks to be so close and not get it. I don't wish this feeling on anyone. Best of luck.
I was also financially vetted and received notification that I was not funded. What a tease.

I was also financially vetted and received notification that I was not funded. What a tease.
That’s such BS! I’m so sorry. Why do they even make people go through the vetting process and not fund them… wtf. That should not be allowed

That’s awful I’m so sorry. They should not do that to anyone, you should get the award and then they should make you go through vetting. Grr. What institute are you? I was also vetted but haven’t received notification that I wasn’t funded…yet. Feel like it’s coming.

That’s awful I’m so sorry. They should not do that to anyone, you should get the award and then they should make you go through vetting. Grr. What institute are you? I was also vetted but haven’t received notification that I wasn’t funded…yet. Feel like it’s coming.
I was NICHD peds but I was also financially vetted the first week of July so it makes me even more mad because I didn’t think I was selected and then got the email last minute and so it really had my hopes up. Because why would you make someone get all of that together and then not move forward 😭

Congrats to those who are getting their NOAs and fingers crossed for those still waiting!

I am curious if anyone here (particularly those who are getting renewals on previous LRPs) has experience with how PSLF and LRP interface? In particular, whether months where there is no payment due because you are paid ahead after the LRP quarterly payment DO count toward PSLF?

I called MOHELA last week to get some clarity but I am still confused - their message was that yes the months count when I am paid ahead AND my regular payment amount would still be deducted montly?? 😐
Hi! Did you get an answer to your question? I am wondering the same thing - and when we expect the payments from LRP to begin!

Congratulations to everyone who has had a successful cycle, and good luck to those applying again this year!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi! Did you get an answer to your question? I am wondering the same thing - and when we expect the payments from LRP to begin!

Congratulations to everyone who has had a successful cycle, and good luck to those applying again this year!

Unfortunately I haven't gotten any additional clarity. My payment came due with MOHELA so I went ahead and paid for now - I hope that things are easier to figure out once the first LRP disbursement processes. I did notice on ERA commons that my status changed to "Active" for this award on 8/11/2024, but still no payment info/dates are there.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten any additional clarity. My payment came due with MOHELA so I went ahead and paid for now - I hope that things are easier to figure out once the first LRP disbursement processes. I did notice on ERA commons that my status changed to "Active" for this award on 8/11/2024, but still no payment info/dates are there.
I looked back through my awards and this may help with knowing expected timeline of payments:

initial:
Q1 7/1 to 9/30 (paid 10/27)
Q2 10/1 to 12/31 (paid 1/21)
Q3 1/1 to 3/31 (paid 4/19)
Q4 4/1 to 6/30 (paid 7/21)
Q5 7/1 to 9/30 (paid 10/21)
Q6 10/1 to 12/31 (paid 2/3)
Q7 1/1 to 3/31 (paid 8/8)
Q8 4/1 to 6/30 (paid 10/20)
renewal:
Q9 7/1 to 9/30 (paid 10/25)
Q10 10/1 to 12/31 (paid 1/17)
Q11 1/1 to 3/31 (paid 4/9)
Q12 4/1 to 6/30 (paid 7/17)

Generally speaking, you're paid 3-4 weeks after that Q's service period, though I had some hiccups with them updating the system that delayed some payments.

Thank you so much for the information. It is even more confusing with the SAVE plan being paused and borrowers placed into forbearance.

Any 2024 applicants (or past applicants) apply as a 2nd year postdoc? I am currently updating my materials and wondering if I need to discuss possible positions at my current institution following the conclusion of my fellowship? Just thinking about how the initial award is a 2-year period and I am technically in my last year and would be done with my current position in Summer 2025 as the award is being awarded.