NJ Hospital Pharmacy Residencies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

glhm93

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Out of curiosity and my want for a residency, how competitive are PGY1 pharmacy residencies in hospitals located in the the state of NJ? Can anyone share their stats/experience in landing one? Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Residencies are competitive and NJ is no exception. Only 2 programs in NJ have open spots in the Scramble this year. I applied to some NJ residencies but ended up matching in another state. My rankings were evenly spread out between NJ and other states.

My advice would be that if you aren't limited by geographic location, then figure out what you are looking for in a program and cast a wide net. There are a lot of good programs available, especially if you don't limit yourself.

Residencies are competitive and NJ is no exception. Only 2 programs in NJ have open spots in the Scramble this year. I applied to some NJ residencies but ended up matching in another state. My rankings were evenly spread out between NJ and other states.

My advice would be that if you aren't limited by geographic location, then figure out what you are looking for in a program and cast a wide net. There are a lot of good programs available, especially if you don't limit yourself.

Can you please tell me the names of the 2 NJ residency programs who had open spots in the scramble? Also, where did you apply to in NJ? Thank you!