NJMS or RWJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pkakka

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Med Students:

I have been accepted to both NJMS and RWJ and need some information.

Are there any specific reasons of choosing one over the other(research exp, clinical exp, faculty etc.) ? Or should I just base my decision on my first impression of the schools.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

pkakka said:
Dear Med Students:

I have been accepted to both NJMS and RWJ and need some information.

Are there any specific reasons of choosing one over the other(research exp, clinical exp, faculty etc.) ? Or should I just base my decision on my first impression of the schools.

Thanks
If you happen to live nearby visit both campuses and get a feel for place. Talk to current med students about facilities, neighborhood and faculty. Walk around the campus and look at the people who pass you by, Do they looked stressed out and generally unhappy? Do you sense that students fell at home there? (believe me, it will become your second home for the next few years).
In the end its what fits you best as a person.

flip a coin - they are basically the same school.

Members don't see this ad :)
blz said:
flip a coin - they are basically the same school.

I totally disagree with blz. After visiting and being accepted to both schools, I can tell you that each school faces the med school curriculum with a totally different emphasis. The hospitals see very different cases. The rotations are not structured in the same way. In my mind, each school is a good fit for a very different student.

That obviously doesn't help you make your choice...sorry--just my two cents on the issue and I had to get it out there.

I'm a MSII at NJMS. If you want to come up and sit through a day of class, let me know. A day with PATH lab would be interesting.

sproule said:
I'm a MSII at NJMS. If you want to come up and sit through a day of class, let me know. A day with PATH lab would be interesting.

I would love to do that. I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Heinrich on Feb 17 1:30pm and was wondering if it would be possible to sit through class on the same day.

Thanks