NO INTERVIEW CLUB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thank you. :rolleyes:
I just got a couple invites last week and I didn't hear much from these schools for months! Hang tight!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hang in there! Some schools give out interview invites well into February!
Did u guys do a lot volunteer work? or something that is different from others ? My stats weren't amazing but I think the fact that I did a dual degree bs and ms helped me plus my military experience helped me on top of that

3.04 cum gpa and 2.8 science gpa. I took some post bac classes already. Should I take easy science classes that are 100-200 level at community college or retake some of the science classes like general biology and organic chemistry that I did not do well in in undergrad university? I plan on taking the rest of my classes at community college since it is much cheaper.

I have a 3.4+ Science and Overall gpa. I took 20+ credits and graduated in 3 years. I got a decent dat (see below). I work as a dental assistant. Have literally hundreds of hours EC and shadowing. No interviews. Maybe feb will bring me good luck.

Reactions: 2 users
3.04 cum gpa and 2.8 science gpa. I took some post bac classes already. Should I take easy science classes that are 100-200 level at community college or retake some of the science classes like general biology and organic chemistry that I did not do well in in undergrad university? I plan on taking the rest of my classes at community college since it is much cheaper.

Take upper division science courses and if you can Take them at a state school and not community. Maybe one with a continuing education program

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have a 3.4+ Science and Overall gpa. I took 20+ credits and graduated in 3 years. I got a decent dat (see below). I work as a dental assistant. Have literally hundreds of hours EC and shadowing. No interviews. Maybe feb will bring me good luck.

How many schools did you apply to?

When did you apply??

I don't think your stats/ECs are bad; they just seem average

When did you apply??

I don't think your stats/ECs are bad; they just seem average
My gpa is average, everything else is great, and I feel like if adcoms saw that I got that GPA taking 20-24 credits per term that It should slightly increase my offset but IDK. My last year and a half I averaged a 3.75 GPA. I have tons of EC's ranging from service overseas to research to starting late and having worked for years before (im 31) in other fields, and volunteering at soup kitchens and hospitals, tutoring etc. I've got literally everything going for me other than an average GPA. I applied in July. This is my first year applying. My LOR's should be fantastic as one is from a professor that I did genetics research with and the other is a professor that I mesh'd really well with who was also the Department chair for my degree. My dental LOR was from a board examiner that gave me a great LOR according to him. Im not sure where I could have gone wrong on my application, but maybe I'm just unlucky. I applied to my in state school and pretty much all west-ish coast schools. No interviews :(

Take upper division science courses and if you can Take them at a state school and not community. Maybe one with a continuing education program

I would take at university but they are too expensive. I took a couple of classes before and it was 5k for 3 classes I think at state. I took classes at community college and it was like 500 or something.

My gpa is average, everything else is great. I have tons of EC's from service overseas to research to starting late and having worked for years before (im 31) in other fields. I've got literally everytthing going for me other than an average GPA. I applied in July. This is my first year applying. My LOR's should be fanatastic as one is from a professor that I did genetics research with and the other is a professor that I mesh'd really well with who was also the Department chair for my degree. My dental LOR was from a board examiner that gave me a great LOR according to him. Im not sure where I could have gone wrong on my application, but maybe I'm just unlucky. I applied to my in state school and pretty much all west-ish coast schools. No interviews :(
Damn. Yea, you might just be kind of unlucky (it happens). I really hope you get an interview somewhere man!

Damn. Yea, you might just be kind of unlucky (it happens). I really hope you get an interview somewhere man!
Me too, I worked really hard to try and get to dental school as soon as I realized that I was sure it was my goal. Had I know that my gpa would suffer so much from taking so many classes and that I'd maybe have to apply multiple years I would have taken it slower. I was just anxious to get done and in since I'm already over 30. I dont really have any other plans or fallbacks, and am considering a 1 year CS online degree from oregon state for the coming year if I dont get accepted and have to re-apply. It's really disheartening to me but Im just trying to keep my chin up and hope for the best. Ill continue to be a dental assistant and tutor Ochem/math/sciences in the meantime to make money.

Me too, I worked really hard to try and get to dental school as soon as I realized that I was sure it was my goal. Had I know that my gpa would suffer so much from taking so many classes and that I'd maybe have to apply multiple years I would have taken it slower. I was just anxious to get done and in since I'm already over 30. I dont really have any other plans or fallbacks, and am considering a 1 year CS online degree from oregon state for the coming year if I dont get accepted and have to re-apply. It's really disheartening to me but Im just trying to keep my chin up and hope for the best. Ill continue to be a dental assistant and tutor Ochem/math/sciences in the meantime to make money.

Interesting, you sound like a good candidate...Did you apply to a lot of private schools?

10, so far rejected from 2, no word from the other 8

I applied to 20. I think it's better to apply to as many as you can afford to avoid the risk of possibly re-applying.

What was your school list and what was your DAT? When did you apply? How many cycles and what did you do in between to strengthen your app?

It's not uncommon for people to apply 3 or more times. It's competitive. Don't give up!

I applied to 20. I think it's better to apply to as many as you can afford to avoid the risk of possibly re-applying.
Yah, I could only afford 10 at the time, I may have been able to add more after my initial application to the 10, but I didnt think I'd really NEED to. I figured that I'd be great with what I had so far. Live and learn., Also @DMDDDSHopeful my DAT is in my sig. I did decent on it.

Yah, I could only afford 10 at the time, I may have been able to add more after my initial application to the 10, but I didnt think I'd really NEED to. I figured that I'd be great with what I had so far. Live and learn., Also @DMDDDSHopeful my DAT is in my sig. I did decent on it.

I can't see it, but I'll take your word for it. If you need to apply again, just increase your chances by adding more schools. It seems you have everything else padded down. If you'd like to discuss more, feel free to PM me.

Starting a Masters can only help you; It will not hurt you.

My gpa is average, everything else is great, and I feel like if adcoms saw that I got that GPA taking 20-24 credits per term that It should slightly increase my offset but IDK. My last year and a half I averaged a 3.75 GPA. I have tons of EC's ranging from service overseas to research to starting late and having worked for years before (im 31) in other fields, and volunteering at soup kitchens and hospitals, tutoring etc. I've got literally everything going for me other than an average GPA. I applied in July. This is my first year applying. My LOR's should be fantastic as one is from a professor that I did genetics research with and the other is a professor that I mesh'd really well with who was also the Department chair for my degree. My dental LOR was from a board examiner that gave me a great LOR according to him. Im not sure where I could have gone wrong on my application, but maybe I'm just unlucky. I applied to my in state school and pretty much all west-ish coast schools. No interviews :(
It looks great to me.. I am sure you will hear something really soon!

I just got an interview invite!!!!! Finally!!!! Thank you everyone for encouraging me and calming me down when I was freaking out lol

Reactions: 8 users
Is it okay to e-mail schools that we haven't heard from about interviews? I applied late at the end of August (and my secondary wasn't accepted until mid/late September), but I think that my stats are okay (3.8+ GPA, 23AA). I'm currently an undergrad at UCLA and hoping that I can get an interview next door at the UCLA School of Dentistry, but it's already creeping up to mid-February.

Is it okay to e-mail schools that we haven't heard from about interviews? I applied late at the end of August (and my secondary wasn't accepted until mid/late September), but I think that my stats are okay (3.8+ GPA, 23AA). I'm currently an undergrad at UCLA and hoping that I can get an interview next door at the UCLA School of Dentistry, but it's already creeping up to mid-February.

Your stats are more than okay! I'm really surprised you haven't received any interviews at all, and I don't even find your application submission date to be an issue. How many schools did you apply to? Sending e-mails to schools would be a good idea around this time.

UCLA extends interviews invites all the way out to early March so the cycle isn't over yet. Emailing Noemi wouldn't be a bad idea though.

I'm rooting for you! I will never understand who they choose/not choose to interview..

Reactions: 1 user
4 rejections in less than 2 weeks. Will there be any good news..

Reactions: 1 users
I'm rooting for you! I will never understand who they choose/not choose to interview..
Thanks, ive now been rejected by all but 2, one is my state school (PLEAAASE!!!). Im hoping so hard that it hurts.

4 rejections in less than 2 weeks. Will there be any good news..
Right there with you! Best of luck to both of us!

Same. I have mine next week. They can't be full.
Classes could be full in terms of deposits, but they are not guaranteed seats when classes start. We will have to wait until April 1 or even a week before classes starts for people to drop their seat.

Classes could be full in terms of deposits, but they are not guaranteed seats when classes start. We will have to wait until April 1 or even a week before classes starts for people to drop their seat.
It's likely that people have been offered acceptances and haven't put down their deposit yet. I was told that they are due in 2 weeks, and spots will inevitably open up then. Usually UCLA tells you if you're interviewing for a spot on the wait list or not, and my interview group was not.

It's likely that people have been offered acceptances and haven't put down their deposit yet. I was told that they are due in 2 weeks, and spots will inevitably open up then. Usually UCLA tells you if you're interviewing for a spot on the wait list or not, and my interview group was not.
You have a valid point for acceptances given after February 1 is 15 days to give the deposit. The point I was trying to get at is deposits are not guarenteed spots in the class. There are bound to be a few more seats to become available for people on the waitlist.