DSNCSUN

2+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
same here with the CA schools, just received supplementals that's it. Which one has given out interviews?

LVKE

2+ Year Member
Oct 10, 2015
Indiana
Status
Pre-Dental, Dental Student
I'm waiting on Midwest schools, still nothing. Hopefully the wait ends today / this week!

NavyDDS1990

5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2014
Status
Dental Student
Have you even had the interview yet, lol?

I'm a proud member of the no interview club... because it's still August and we all have nothing to worry about!
How can you not have an interview with your stats? that's crazy. did you submit late?

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I'm rooting for you man. I really hope you get some interviews soon!
You too bro! Just more "your application is complete stuff." There was a hiatus for a few days and I thought the schools were done (i couldn't remember all off the top of my head) and more notifications about the complete app have been popping up now xD.

OP
tlnjd117

tlnjd117

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
HAHAHHAHA you guys I almost cried at work like so embarrassing! I saw someone post UOP gave out interviews soooooo NEXT waiting!

Notification date: 8/29/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22/2016
Supplemental submit date: 7/16/16
Application complete date: 7/26/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.0 oGPA: 3.1
DAT: 21AA/20TS/20PAT/22RC/none below 17

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
HAHAHHAHA you guys I almost cried at work like so embarrassing! I saw someone post UOP gave out interviews soooooo NEXT waiting!

Notification date: 8/29/16
Method of notification: Email
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22/2016
Supplemental submit date: 7/16/16
Application complete date: 7/26/16
GPA (science, overall) sGPA: 3.0 oGPA: 3.1
DAT: 21AA/20TS/20PAT/22RC/none below 17
Do you have an upwards trend on the GPA? : O. Just seems kinda low tbh (i'm not a lot better lol). Nice DAT though :D.

OP
tlnjd117

tlnjd117

2+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
Do you have an upwards trend on the GPA? : O. Just seems kinda low tbh (i'm not a lot better lol). Nice DAT though :D.

I don't even know to be honest it could be considered an overall yearly upward trend, not necessarily each quarter. Worked so hard for that DAT to save me just a little lol, so thank you :rolleyes: and I'm a dental assistant so I'm hoping that's helping!

Reactions: LuckBloodandSweat

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I don't even know to be honest it could be considered an overall yearly upward trend, not necessarily each quarter. Worked so hard for that DAT to save me just a little lol, so thank you :rolleyes: and I'm a dental assistant so I'm hoping that's helping!
Hey you got an interview and I didn't so you're doing something right :)! Dental assisting is probably a really good thing to have. I'm graduating college one semester early and will really try to do that for the few months if I can when I'm off for more experience

sarriball

SDN Bronze Donor
Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2014
Status
Dental Student
How can you not have an interview with your stats? that's crazy. did you submit late?
My application was complete in mid-July. I then took my sweet time completing some of my secondaries, lol. So mid-July to late-July, depending on the school. Half of my schools haven't even sent out interviews yet either. I'm not too worried... Now once it's October... lol

htdt

5+ Year Member
Dec 15, 2012
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
My application was complete in mid-July. I then took my sweet time completing some of my secondaries, lol. So mid-July to late-July, depending on the school. Half of my schools haven't even sent out interviews yet either. I'm not too worried... Now once it's October... lol
Which schools do you apply to if you don't mind sharing?

Jul 6, 2016
I'm still in the club, thought I'd get even more interviews this cycle with improved grades, hours, letters, etc but nothing yet! I had very similar stats to OP my first year and got an interview at UNLV at this time so I'm hardcore stressing now......

Reactions: DMDDDSHopeful

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
I didnt hear anything until mid September and I still received 7 pre-Dec interviews. It's still early. Read a book, sing a song, dance a dance, do something. Dont let yourself worrry too much about it.
Totally thought after "dance a dance" you were going to say, "do a doodoo" or "do the dew".

LuckBloodandSweat

2+ Year Member
May 26, 2015
Status
Dental Student
I apologize but I am no longer in this club xD. I got an NYU interview offer today! Will call in tomorrow after I come up with 2/3 options to ask for an interview

asdf99

2+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2014
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
Canadian schools have a late cycle, so I won't be leaving you guys any time soon, if at all :(

autumnfairy

2+ Year Member
Dec 31, 2015
Status
Pre-Dental
I'm part of this club still!! California schools why :(

Also has anyone who applied to USC heard anything from them?

DMDDDSHopeful

Achievement Unlocked: Dental School
2+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2016
Status
Pre-Dental
hey, be patient...i submitted everything and had to wait from june till now. since the last week of august until this week...i've received 4 interviews ( i applied mostly to the south/near georgia)
I still have zero. What are your stats?