NO INTERVIEW CLUB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm confused. I am IS and have not received any emails from Michigan at all. Did the reject me? Will they interview me? I wonder if I need to just call or email them.
I would suggest that you email them to see what's going on. tell them that you haven't heard back and would love to go there....

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I basically wrote that I hadn't heard back from them since July 26, so I was wondering if there were any changes to my application. I then mentioned that I really looked forward to hearing back from NYU, and that they were one of my top choices. And that's pretty much it!
That's all you wrote? that short? and Congrats btw!

No interviews yet. Applied to 10 schools and just received a rejection letter from Nova yesterday. 3.11 science GPA, 3.75 non-science GPA, 3.42 total GPA. DAT 21AA - 22 TS - 22 RC - 19 PAT - 17 QR.

Members don't see this ad :)
No interviews yet. Applied to 10 schools and just received a rejection letter from Nova yesterday. 3.11 science GPA, 3.75 non-science GPA, 3.42 total GPA. DAT 21AA - 22 TS - 22 RC - 19 PAT - 17 QR.

Where all did you apply?

Good luck folks, the best thing to do instead of waiting patiently is to continue to improve your application. You don't want to sit around until you get a definitive NO from admissions committee to get a wake up call. Continue volunteering, adding research is a great application booster, retake the DAT if you have scores below 17 and an overall AA of below 19-20.

Reactions: 1 users
Must. Keep. My. Chin. Up.

Oh damn, i stepped in dog poo.

^ Sums up my experience.

Reactions: 2 users
Still in this club too. Applied to 15 rejected by 4 so far.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to 14, rejected by 1 (continuing review).
Mailing date Sept. 23.

Do you both mind saying which schools?

Never got a secondary from UMaryland, continuing review from U Buffalo, and rejected from Nova and Midwestern Illinois via snail mail this week.

3.2 masters GPA (all science courses) - hopefully I can update schools with improved grades at the end of the semester. (That is the goal as of now.)
20AA/20 TS/20 PAT/22 gchem/22 QR/nothing below 17

Same, but rejected by 3 :(

@Dental 4ever I thought you had interviews?

3.2 masters GPA (all science courses) - hopefully I can update schools with improved grades at the end of the semester. (That is the goal as of now.)
20AA/20 TS/20 PAT/22 gchem/22 QR/nothing below 17

Your Masters GPA may be holding you back at the moment. Your DAT is good. Try to hit a minimum of 3.5 for the MS as best and fast as you can. I know that's easier said than done.

Your Masters GPA may be holding you back at the moment. Your DAT is good. Try to hit a minimum of 3.5 for the MS as best and fast as you can. I know that's easier said than done.

Yes, I was afraid/aware of that. I'm hoping it will hit that number by the end of the semester. That's when I finish the program anyway.

unfortunately I'm still here as well. I applied to 10 schools and I have heard nothing besides buffalo's "continuing review"

unfortunately I'm still here as well. I applied to 10 schools and I have heard nothing besides buffalo's "continuing review"

I notice a 21 RC and 20 QR, maybe your science scores are less competitive? As those would bring your AA towards a 19.

Dont fret either, there is a lot of time left. You'll be alright!!

I notice a 21 RC and 20 QR, maybe your science scores are less competitive? As those would bring your AA towards a 19.

Dont fret either, there is a lot of time left. You'll be alright!!
Yea it was my biology score that killed me I got a 17 in that a 19 in gen chem and a 20 in ochem. I'm currently taking A&P to show them that the biology score isnt accurate so hopefully that will help

@Dental 4ever I thought you had interviews?

That was last year. nothing for this year yet

I hope everything turns out well for you. I'm also a 3rd time applicant so I know how it feels like, but don't give up! All you need is one interview and one acceptance!
Thankkkkk you for your support! I REALLY need it since I am getting a little disappointed.

EVERYBODY keep your chin up! we all still have post-December and I know everybody wants to get in before December but at the end of the day an acceptance is an acceptance! Have faith and continue being patient! WE can do this!

Reactions: 11 users
Finally out of the club! Applied in June, first invite to ATSU.

Reactions: 6 users
3.3 GPA 20DAT, Tons of research, 2 publications, 3.7 postbacc in upper level biology courses, over 200 hours shadowing at many different clinics, many hours shadowing at GPR resident clinic in my home city, decent number of hours volunteering at state dental clinic, third time applicant, 2 time tennis state champion and president of club tennis at my college. no criminal history or weird stuff like that.
-0 interviews
...this process sucks. I have my own place and a job but have to go see my mom a lot because in the last 5 years she has lost her entire family: mom(liver disease), her little sister(kidney disease), her father(heart attack), and her brother(found in his apartment-questionable causes). Then my brother(her son), a first year radiology resident, just got diagnosed with cancer. So she's completely shell shocked, and so am I. This, on top of uncertainty about dental school, has become like a giant boulder slowly crushing my soul.
Stay strong my friend. Post -dec interviews also get students into their first choice!

I basically wrote that I hadn't heard back from them since July 26, so I was wondering if there were any changes to my application. I then mentioned that I really looked forward to hearing back from NYU, and that they were one of my top choices. And that's pretty much it!
Hey there, what did you mean when you asked "if there were any changes to my application"? Did you mean something along the lines of if there were any updates on the status of application?
Also, did you send a bit of an update to the school saying what you have done in the last few months since applying?
Thank you!

Anyone still in this club....?

me too ... . I just added 5 schools via aadsas this week

Hey guys!! Hang in there. Schools are still giving out invites. I got my third interview invite after almost a month of waiting and that school still had pre-December interviews!! If anyone has any questions regarding my time line, available interview dates, and etc about UDM, NYU, and/or Touro let me know, I will do my best to answer!

Hang in there!! Only half the cycle is gone.

Reactions: 4 users
I'm in the same position. When was your app complete?
I completed my application very early, almost at the start of the cycle. I submitted it, I believe, before the first mailing went out (withing a week of the cycle opening).

Hang in there everyone, if this is the profession you want to pursue, you'll eventually get there with enough determination and the right attitude :)

Hang in there everyone, if this is the profession you want to pursue, you'll eventually get there with enough determination and the right attitude :)
I saw a very inspirational quote on a completely different forum regarding our career pursuits.

"Never choose an alternate path or backup plan. Tell yourself you will only pursue dentistry. Even if it takes 6 cycles, you WILL get in because you WILL show them how determined you are."

Alright, maybe that's not a word-for-word quote. But it sure was inspiring to me. If we tell ourselves we won't plan for a back-up, we have no other option BUT dentistry. I find this mindset very, I don't know.... settling :D

still here :(
dude you know Temple gives out really late interview invites right ? - I would start preparing for their interview if I were you especially if you have decent stats.

The clock is ticking.. and the window is getting lower and lower:(

dude you know Temple gives out really late interview invites right ? - I would start preparing for their interview if I were you especially if you have decent stats.
Really? I will do that then. I haven't heard anything from Temple. I know some friends of mine who got rejected from there, so hopefully I hear from them.

Last year I had an interview invited from Temple in MAY! However I didn't go because I got in another school in Dec already. I still remember how hard it was to wait to hear anything from schools and I'm very grateful to get accepted consider being a nontraditional student. Just don't ever lose your hope, you guys will eventually get in if trying hard enough! Good luck to everybody!

Reactions: 3 users
Keep your head up and be as proactive as you can be. November will be when you can do academic updates so use that opportunity to update schools on what you've been doing. Take on some extra volunteering and leadership roles. Remember, it's not all about GPA and DAT. Everyone here has some form of unique qualification and contribution to offer each schools out there. Don't give up hope!

There's still many months left in the cycle.

Anyone planning to write a letter of interest in the next few weeks?