No Interviews Yet. A little worried.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted933154

Hello all prospective dentists! Hope you’re having a swell application cycle.

Is it a little early to worry about interviews? I haven’t even received one yet and I’m getting a little worried. For some context, I’ll give my stats. Can you guys give your input on my situation / chances?

I have a 3.76 GPA, 3.67 SGPA, 250+ hours of shadowing, and (regrettably) only about 30 hours of volunteer. My DAT scores are:

PAT 21
QR 24
RC 21
BIO 20
GC 26
OC 21
TS 21
AA 22

I’m just seeing people with multiple interviews and it’s incredibly discouraging. I applied to all 3 Texas schools, UNLV, Buffalo, UNE, Pitt, Temple, LECOM, and Louisville. I’m a Texas resident if it means anything.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your stas are very good so that's not the issue. I would say I wouldn't worry until the end of the month. But for context, do you work/have a full time job during undergrad? Your volunteer hours might hurt you since many schools are community service oriented. I know for some schools they grade your application based on a point system and you need a certain amount of points to get to an interview.

Hello all prospective dentists! Hope you’re having a swell application cycle.

Is it a little early to worry about interviews? I haven’t even received one yet and I’m getting a little worried. For some context, I’ll give my stats. Can you guys give your input on my situation / chances?

I have a 3.76 GPA, 3.67 SGPA, 250+ hours of shadowing, and (regrettably) only about 30 hours of volunteer. My DAT scores are:

PAT 21
QR 24
RC 21
BIO 20
GC 26
OC 21
TS 21
AA 22

I’m just seeing people with multiple interviews and it’s incredibly discouraging. I applied to all 3 Texas schools, UNLV, Buffalo, UNE, Pitt, Temple, LECOM, and Louisville.

Your stats look awesome I wouldn't worry if I were you it's still only September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your stas are very good so that's not the issue. I would say I wouldn't worry until the end of the month. But for context, do you work/have a full time job during undergrad? Your volunteer hours might hurt you since many schools are community service oriented. I know for some schools they grade your application based on a point system and you need a certain amount of points to get to an interview.
I helped my parents at their gas station until they sold it towards the start of my second year in college. I was regrettably lazy my second year but I didn’t choose dentistry until the start of my third year so I that’s when I started to shadow a ton and study for the DAT

Your stats are great. See if you can do more ECs and add them to your application during the update period.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll get an interview. People who have multiple interviews are just flexing on sdn. Think of it this way. If someone gets five invites, they can only go to one school. So you'll still get invites but it might take a while.

Reactions: 3 users