1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

No Invites

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by NeuralNetwork, Aug 9, 2011.

1. NeuralNetwork

NeuralNetwork Pass the BDNF
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I’ve been a bit anxious lately as I see many interview invites going out, but I have yet to receive one. I have been complete at half of my schools from June to mid-July (mostly around July 5-12). The other half of my schools were steadily marked complete from mid-July up until yesterday. What worries me is that most of the interview invites being extended are from schools I was complete at in the earlier part of my applications (June-mid July). Is it common to get invites later on despite people with similar scores getting those early invites?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. aSagacious

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yes. Usually only the very competitive applicants receive invites this early in the game. If it's Nov/Dec and you still haven't heard anything then I think it's safe to start worrying. Even then applicants have historically received invites as late as March and eventually gone on to receive acceptances.

4. Donnie1310

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Last year my first invite came in September, and my last in January. Sit tight, it's a long road.

5. NeuralNetwork

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Were you complete early as well?

6. minerva3121

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I really liked this advice from one of the school-specific threads so I'm posting it here:

7. Donnie1310

7+ Year Member

Medical Student

Yeah. And as the post minerva quoted hints at, they don't just read your app once and toss it into a "maybe" pile if you don't blow them away with an initial read.

Some schools don't even START handing out interviews until September. Worrying about this is pointless for a few more months, I promise you.

8. NeuralNetwork

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Thanks for your help everyone!

9. Geekchick921

Geekchick921 Achievement Unlocked: MD
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Resident [Any Field]
    What? Really? It's only the 9th of August!

[YOUTUBE]TpP8N-X1dF4[/YOUTUBE]

10. Well everyone always emphasizes applying early and I have to say that getting that first invite really took a load off my mind. I kept worrying about if I had a typo or if my ECs were not good enough to be selected for interview which is really silly, but it's difficult to avoid.

11. SteveJMarist

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yea, I have to agree. It was irrational but natural. That first one really changed a lot for me, too. Hang in there, OP.