No Invites

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NeuralNetwork

Pass the BDNF
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’ve been a bit anxious lately as I see many interview invites going out, but I have yet to receive one. I have been complete at half of my schools from June to mid-July (mostly around July 5-12). The other half of my schools were steadily marked complete from mid-July up until yesterday. What worries me is that most of the interview invites being extended are from schools I was complete at in the earlier part of my applications (June-mid July). Is it common to get invites later on despite people with similar scores getting those early invites?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. Usually only the very competitive applicants receive invites this early in the game. If it's Nov/Dec and you still haven't heard anything then I think it's safe to start worrying. Even then applicants have historically received invites as late as March and eventually gone on to receive acceptances.

Last year my first invite came in September, and my last in January. Sit tight, it's a long road.

Members don't see this ad :)
I really liked this advice from one of the school-specific threads so I'm posting it here:

Congrats to those who have already received interview invites. Now on to the next hurdle.

A bit of advice for the rest of you: try not to draw conclusions based on dates of other applicants' completion/interview invites. I know that it's tough not to, but no schools that I'm aware of adhere to a rigid "first in, first out" policy with applications. I think it's a far more complex process than that. Also, while I was complete considerably later than most of you posting, I didn't get my interview invite until well over 3 months after I submitted my secondary. Have patience.

Were you complete early as well?

Yeah. And as the post minerva quoted hints at, they don't just read your app once and toss it into a "maybe" pile if you don't blow them away with an initial read.

Some schools don't even START handing out interviews until September. Worrying about this is pointless for a few more months, I promise you.

Yeah. And as the post minerva quoted hints at, they don't just read your app once and toss it into a "maybe" pile if you don't blow them away with an initial read.

Some schools don't even START handing out interviews until September. Worrying about this is pointless for a few more months, I promise you.

Thanks for your help everyone!

What? Really? It's only the 9th of August!

[YOUTUBE]TpP8N-X1dF4[/YOUTUBE]

What? Really? It's only the 9th of August!

Well everyone always emphasizes applying early and I have to say that getting that first invite really took a load off my mind. I kept worrying about if I had a typo or if my ECs were not good enough to be selected for interview which is really silly, but it's difficult to avoid.

Well everyone always emphasizes applying early and I have to say that getting that first invite really took a load off my mind. I kept worrying about if I had a typo or if my ECs were not good enough to be selected for interview which is really silly, but it's difficult to avoid.

Yea, I have to agree. It was irrational but natural. That first one really changed a lot for me, too. Hang in there, OP.