No more early acceptance for Navy HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BasicG

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So in previous years, Navy HPSP applicants who had a 22 or higher on the DAT could be accepted in October/November during early boards. Everyone else with a sub 22 score had to wait until December to be considered for the navy HPSP.

I asked my Navy recruiter about this and he told me the earliest he can submit the application is October, with the first boards being held in January according to his FY19 schedule. Does this info line up with anyone else's recruiter?

Members don't see this ad.

Applying early last cycle with a 23AA, there was no early acceptance. I believe January was the first board available as I was through the first stage of selection by early February. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user
That's interesting to hear. I made it on the early board two years ago. They had planned to do it in October, but pushed it back to November, and I found out right before Thanksgiving. I wonder why they stopped?

Members don't see this ad :)
Applying early last cycle with a 23AA, there was no early acceptance. I believe January was the first board available as I was through the first stage of selection by early February. Best of luck!
Ah, so they scrapped the early boards last year. Dang, that sucks. Oh well, thanks for clearing things up!

That's interesting to hear. I made it on the early board two years ago. They had planned to do it in October, but pushed it back to November, and I found out right before Thanksgiving. I wonder why they stopped?
Beats me! It was such an awesome thing for people with high scores on the DAT. Looks like the AF takes the crown for offering HPSPs earliest in December while Navy and Army offer them in Jan/Feb.

Maybe they did away with it so more people would commit to cheaper schools on December 1st, just in case they don’t get the scholarship. I know that’s what I did back in the day before early boards existed.

Big Hoss

Last edited:
Maybe they did away with it so more people would commit to cheaper schools on December 1st, just in case they don’t get the scholarship.

Or, is it just possible that by holding off, instead of a "first come first served" scholarship, they can offer the $375-$500K to a larger pool and select the best qualified instead? Just a thought...

Is Army not doing early boards either? My recruiter made it sound like they are doing boards in October and may be giving some scholarships at that point. Has anyone heard anything more concrete about this?

Is Army not doing early boards either? My recruiter made it sound like they are doing boards in October and may be giving some scholarships at that point. Has anyone heard anything more concrete about this?
My army recruiter said the first board for the 4yr HPSP is in January. Might be different for the 3yr scholarship

Dental HPSP 3 and 4 year board for the army is 16 October, deadline to have your packet to the board is 2 October. This is from the official board schedule. No one gets a scholarship before the board, even 4 year applicants who were waitlisted last year have to re-board for the three year.

Reactions: 1 users
Dental HPSP 3 and 4 year board for the army is 16 October, deadline to have your packet to the board is 2 October. This is from the official board schedule. No one gets a scholarship before the board, even 4 year applicants who were waitlisted last year have to re-board for the three year.
Wow that's crazy early! Need to double check with my recruiter to make sure he has all his info straight. How long has the official board schedule been up?

Wow that's crazy early! Need to double check with my recruiter to make sure he has all his info straight. How long has the official board schedule been up?

It has been up for a couple months but has been changed a couple times.