No postings for podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ryex

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'am knew to this forum, and I have noticed that the podiatry forum has little activity. I was just wondering why?

Members don't see this ad.

this is a fairly new forum so many DPM students probably don't know about it yet.

Fairly New??? That is not the case at all. This site has not opened up last week.
Podiatry is a very small profession. There are not enough students in pod school nor pre-meds interested in the profession to match the post rates on the other sections of this forum. Plus, most of the discussion takes place at another couple of websites focused completely on podiatry. However, forums on podiatry tend to get overly negative. It could be embarrasing and frustrating for some. So many do not even bother posting.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure this is not the first time SDN has created a pod section on the forum. Was there one previously that was removed for lack of activity?

I think there are only a few students at my school who are even aware of this site. As most are more intent on their own studying and so on, there is usually little here to interest most of them. There are a couple of us who drop by from time to time. Otherwise a number of the posts are from former DPM students or people who may only have peripheral involvment.

It is a relatively small profession. Most would not have much interest in the SDN site, so (in my educated opinion) it is not likely to be widely known among podiatry students. Nor is it likely to offer much to those who do find it.

On the other hand it could be interesting to those who might bee interested in the DPM degree, or to other health care types who may not know anything about it. Unfortunately there are not many here who can give accurate information.