No "primary received" email = silent rejection?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DameJulie

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have submitted my application to some COMs for a few weeks now (less than a month). I have not heard from some of them at all as some other schools have sent me secondaries or an email acknowledging the receipt of AACOMAS.
My question is if a school doesn't send a greeting email to you, it means a silent rejection? Or one should continue to wait patiently?

Members don't see this ad.

I have submitted my application to some COMs for a few weeks now (less than a month). I have not heard from some of them at all as some other schools have sent me secondaries or an email acknowledging the receipt of AACOMAS.
My question is if a school doesn't send a greeting email to you, it means a silent rejection? Or one should continue to wait patiently?
Wait patiently. Stats?

Definitely wait. I submitted my primary back in early June and got a secondary to Touro a week ago. Takes time.

As @bon22 asked, Stats are key to answering this question.

Members don't see this ad :)
OP, when did you become verified for your primary application? Typically they will go ahead and send you a secondary regardless. Check your application status and ensure that everything has transferred through correctly.

Sidenote: be sure that you had your MCAT score to AACOMAS. You have to do it manually through AMCAS.

Sidenote: be sure that you had your MCAT score to AACOMAS. You have to do it manually through AMCAS.
Ya. AT Still sent me an email telling me to do that, and thank god they did otherwise I would still be sitting here wondering why half of the schools haven't sent me their secondaries.

Here comes the neuroticism.
Patience is a virtue.

Reactions: 1 user
People are getting pre/post secondary rejections in the mail, so take the silence as a blessing until you hear otherwise!

It really varies at schools as to when they send anything. Many will send secondaries quickly but then from some you may hear crickets the entire cycle until the end. Some will have online verification of materials, some will verify via email, etc. I actually appreciate those who don't send secondaries as just $$$$ makers.

The later in the cycle you submit the longer it can take as well, so be patient (assuming you've submitted all of the materials as requested, MCAT, transcripts, LOR's, etc). If you are missing something like a DO LOR and a school requires it then you may never hear from them as they see you as incomplete.

Being patient is a virtue but if you've received/submitted a secondary and after a month or 2 and haven't heard anything it might be helpful to send a brief email just asking on the status of your app (unless they specifically request for you to check it on the website and don't email them), as some schools lose things and never tell you or don't even know until you ask.

Good luck

No worries. I have not heard anything from VCOM ever since June 1st

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in the same boat and haven't heard from any of the VCOM's and applied to all three. also Touro NY

Touro just sent me an email for the first time last week I believe. LECOM and VCOM have sent me nothing so far.