Non-academic programs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Idiopathic

Newly Minted
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I posted this on nsmatch.com...

"I wont get a big-time neuro spot, considering my school, but what programs might be available to a quality applicant with good #s who comes from what might be considered a less-than-desirable (American) medical school?"

Any comments from anyone here? (No flaming, please).
 
I wouldn't sell yourself so short quite yet. Your numbers are more than impressive. What about research, grades, letters of recommendation (i.e., from whom and where)? It seems you still have a shot at a great program regardless of your school (D.O. or otherwise).

Give it a shot, apply far and wide, and keep your fingers crossed.
 
Where should I rotate? The consensus seems to be that a rotation at a "name" place (BW, MGH, Barrow) wont help you unless you are going to match there. What are some "second-tier" programs that I might be able to get a letter from...what places are especially receptive to students?