Non-Clinical? Or mention as Clinical?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

geronimo_SK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
The last few summers, I have built up volunteer hours at my local hospital. About half of my hours were spent with patients, playing games, talking, etc., which I know is considered clinical volunteering. However, the other half of my hours was spent copying and organizing papers, equipment, etc., for incoming nurses, critical care classes, and patients. Would this be considered non-clinical and to be split up on my application? Or should I just combine all the volunteering as one?

Members don't see this ad.

The last few summers, I have built up volunteer hours at my local hospital. About half of my hours were spent with patients, playing games, talking, etc., which I know is considered clinical volunteering. However, the other half of my hours was spent copying and organizing papers, equipment, etc., for incoming nurses, critical care classes, and patients. Would this be considered non-clinical and to be split up on my application? Or should I just combine all the volunteering as one?
Yes, the staff support services are not clinical, as you had no contact with patients. But they are of value. Dividing the two components into two spaces, appropriately tagged, is the best idea.

Reactions: 1 user