Non-Gpa Enhancer Program (Career Changers)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Enzyme1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

For non-GPA Enhancer programs, that is, those of us who will be under the Career Changer postbac where we have taken 0 of the science classes, is our undergrad gpa still going to be used in Med School admissions process? That seems out of place/sync if it is, since even a GPA Enhancer program is used to just enhance the science courses and nothing else. For career-changers (recent grads but still under that category), why then would our undergrad GPA be included when applying to med school and not just the Postbac career-changer GPA? Does anyone know anything about this? It seems awkward why they would include u.Gpa when the science courses are what determine your suitability, not your non-science undergrad GPA. Thank you if you can help.

Members don't see this ad.

How terrible are we talking? My cc gpa combined with my university gpa amounts to around 3.0 to 3.1ish or so, I feel damned. I just got into a Postbac (a good one, too), so now I'm a little daunted or fearful. Is this a helpless scenario then? Shooting for top med schools like Dartmouth or Harvard..how can that fare out? Thank you.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)