[non statistically significant] Cool "compare medical schools" site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Be a bit wary of this site. I don't know when the majority of the surveys were done, but I noticed the majority of surveys about one school talked about it being "new" and in its "first year" even though the school's been open since 1997.

Great site, but given how rapidly medical schools change curriculum and policies, I'd take the surveys with a grain of salt.

Cool, very useful. This should be stickied in the allo forum, so we can boost the number of reviews

Are there any other sites that have personal reviews of medical schools by their students?

Thanks - this is a great link! It really should be stickied..... It confirmed a lot of what I got out of my interviews, good and bad (which would have been great to know 9 months ago!). :)

Yo dudes, stop complaining about the website. It's not like any ranking is perfect :). Just use it as an additional procrastination/information tool. :) I don't think it's meant to be statistically significant with confidence intervals.

:eek: :eek: :( :) :D :mad: :p THIS IS FREGGIN AWESOME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a bit wary of this site. I don't know when the majority of the surveys were done, but I noticed the majority of surveys about one school talked about it being "new" and in its "first year" even though the school's been open since 1997.

Great site, but given how rapidly medical schools change curriculum and policies, I'd take the surveys with a grain of salt.

I agree, I tihnk the surveys are old. Some of the programs they were referring to I don't think even exist anymore.

Also, I think more surveys would need to be conducted. A couple disgruntled people can make scores bad or lower if there are only 10 or 15 surveys total.

Yo dudes, stop complaining about the website. It's not like any ranking is perfect :). Just use it as an additional procrastination/information tool. :) I don't think it's meant to be statistically significant with confidence intervals.

Haha, but they do report standard devs.

Which means we can calculate the confidence interval!

Haha, but they do report standard devs.

Which means we can calculate the confidence interval!

You're a standard deviation!

um, you go to MIT, so obviously you'd pick up on that :) :).

You're a standard deviation!

um, you go to MIT, so obviously you'd pick up on that :) :).

lol. Yeah, as soon as I posted that I realized that not only is it Friday night, but I just wrote post that contained the words "standard dev" and "confidence interval", and not only that, but I thought it was funny, too.

Okay, enough nerd talk. Thanks for the site...if nothing else, some of the text comments are informative.

Cool, very useful. This should be stickied in the allo forum, so we can boost the number of reviews

Are there any other sites that have personal reviews of medical schools by their students?

On a serious note - would it be possible to create a sticky that listed interesting/useful/informative websites for us to peruse in our procrastination/stress/anxious moments?

Agreed. At least some of the info on there is pretty ancient and no longer accurate for some places. I wouldn't put much stock into it as a current resource. In fact, if a school doesn't seem to have changed much in the last decade, that's probably a bad thing.