Non-trad looking for help with reinvention

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EvergreenForest22

Reaction score
Hi all!

I'm a non-trad with a B.S (c/o 2016)

I got into Dental school and matriculated 3 months after I graduated... Ended up failing out during my 2nd year. I was always immature for my grade/year.

GPAs:
Undergrad: 3.52
Dental School: 2.62
Combined: 3.17

Tests:
DAT: 99%
ACT: 34

I was told that I needed to focus on something with a clinical component, such as scribing, and then take an SMP/MS Program and maintain a 3.5+ GPA

How long should I scribe for? Two years is a LOT of time... Especially at a near-minimum wage rate of pay. I would also do something non-clinically that is volunteer-related, such as working at a shelter or with the elderly something cool

I was looking at LECOM's MMS Program too. Does anyone have any experience with this program in particular? (I was thinking Scribing -> LECOM MMS -> LECOM?)

I have this like really strong passion to work hard and accomplish something great (if still possible).

Would an adcom overlook the d-school failure if I do well in a MS program? I've talked to a lot of people about this and the general consensus is that I should move on to another career path...

Members don't see this ad.