Non-Trad to Podiatry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tarpon4269

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have recently started my application to Podiatry School and need some advice.

I have a BBA in Accounting and over the last few years have been taking the core sciences to apply to Podiatry school (originally Dental). My undergraduate GPA is in the 2.8 range but my sciences are closer to 3.1. I am currently in a Bio-Med program where basically I take the same classes as the 1st year DO students and so far I am doing pretty good.

My question is should I wait a year to apply (upon completion of Bio-Med Program) or will Pod schools consider me this year? My DAT was a 18 TS and 17 AA. I was planning on retaking this January.

I appreciate any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best way to attack this situation is to e-mail or call the schools you are interested in going to. Talking with the admissions people from each specific school will give you a better idea of what schools would seriously consider you as an applicant if you were to apply this cycle.

If you are upfront with them about your situation and are honest about sharing your stats then they can really give you accurate feedback on where you stand.

I have recently started my application to Podiatry School and need some advice.

I have a BBA in Accounting and over the last few years have been taking the core sciences to apply to Podiatry school (originally Dental). My undergraduate GPA is in the 2.8 range but my sciences are closer to 3.1. I am currently in a Bio-Med program where basically I take the same classes as the 1st year DO students and so far I am doing pretty good.

My question is should I wait a year to apply (upon completion of Bio-Med Program) or will Pod schools consider me this year? My DAT was a 18 TS and 17 AA. I was planning on retaking this January.

I appreciate any advice.

I assume that you will be done with the biomed program by the time podiatry school begins in 2010, is this correct? And you will have a masters degree at that time? If so, I'd say definitely apply and try to get an interview. I would think that if you can show how you are doing in the maters program and will complete it before matriculation, then this would be a good plan. Worst case they won't accept you and you can apply the next year. The bio med program at Midwestern is supposedly an awesome prep for pod or DO school, as much of the content of the classes is similar, taught by the same faculty in many cases.