Non-Traditional Applicant Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

C8H10N402

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a non-traditional re-applicant (graduated from Masters program in Dec. 2017) gearing up for the 2019 application cycle. I feel like I have a strong grasp on everything but recommendation letters. Since I have been out of school and therefore out of touch with professors for over a year I'm wondering how other non-traditional applicants get rec letters from science professors? Cold calls/emails? Did you do anything to rekindle these relationships with professors before asking for a letter? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
 
I am also a non traditional candidate and I have completed all of my prereqs at 2 different universities. I would try to talk to the professors that I have had recently first in person and be willing to give them your resume and even a cover letter so that they can write the strongest LOR if they don't remember you or if you didn't have a strong relationship with them.