Non-Traditional Applicant Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

C8H10N402

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a non-traditional re-applicant (graduated from Masters program in Dec. 2017) gearing up for the 2019 application cycle. I feel like I have a strong grasp on everything but recommendation letters. Since I have been out of school and therefore out of touch with professors for over a year I'm wondering how other non-traditional applicants get rec letters from science professors? Cold calls/emails? Did you do anything to rekindle these relationships with professors before asking for a letter? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am also a non traditional candidate and I have completed all of my prereqs at 2 different universities. I would try to talk to the professors that I have had recently first in person and be willing to give them your resume and even a cover letter so that they can write the strongest LOR if they don't remember you or if you didn't have a strong relationship with them.

Reactions: 1 user