Non-traditional interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentaldiva27

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! What have been some non-traditional interview questions you have been asked at your interviews? A lot of schools seem to ask about your non-academic achievements and I'm trying to think of a good response to this question. I was thinking of talking about the time I won the regional championship for pole vaulting in high school but I'm not sure if this would be an appropriate response since it was a while ago. I also lead a dental trip to Nicaragua in college but I'm not sure if that's really an achievement or not. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!