Non Traditional Route Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hopefullone

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a business degree but was briefly a Bio major so I have most of the prereq's done but my school had a tougher grading scale 93 and above was an "A" etc. and I had to work 3 jobs and consistently 40/hours a week and for one of the years I worked 70+ hours/week while going to school full time while in college to pay for it so my grades suffered a bit. I worked in corporate America for 2 years and realized I hated it and didn't know what to do with my life so I've spent the last two years teaching in China. After all that I've come to the conclusion that I want to be a PT. I'm curious to see if you guys think I have a shot.

My stats:
GPA: 3.3 but could potentially go up to 3.4 after finishing up prereq's with A's.
GRE 322 161 in both

I really feel like if I can get my foot in the door and get an interview I can make a favorable impression because I know this is what I want to do with my life and if I can explain my low GPA, but I'm worried my GPA is going to tank me regardless.

If you can think of any schools that more heavily weight the GRE please recommend!

Also, any schools that are maybe on the cheaper side too I would greatly appreciate as I would prefer not to work and really focus on the schooling.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Of course you have a chance, everyone does. I got in with a worse gpa than than. You just have to be selective about the schools you apply to and possibly apply to those that look only at pre-req gpa or last 60 units or schools outside of PTCAS (they get less applications). The cheapest schools will be state schools or even out of state school if they offer Graduate assistant positions which will help cover your tuition. The best school for PT is the cheaper one. Good luck.