Non US Degree - GPA Issue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tintin007

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my foreign degree (undergrad) evaluated through an institution recommended by one of the Med Schools. And found that they did a horrible job. I secured first rank to the University and was awarded a gold medal for record-breaking grades. Yes, in my country they do declare top 10 rank holders and honor them with a rank certificate. We do not have a GPA system, however we are graded on a different scale.

According to this institution my GPA is 3.1. I am not sure what to do.
The only comforting factor - I have 78 hrs with a GPA of 4.0 from an US University.

Members don't see this ad.

tintin007 said:
I got my foreign degree (undergrad) evaluated through an institution recommended by one of the Med Schools. And found that they did a horrible job. I secured first rank to the University and was awarded a gold medal for record-breaking grades. Yes, in my country they do declare top 10 rank holders and honor them with a rank certificate. We do not have a GPA system, however we are graded on a different scale.

According to this institution my GPA is 3.1. I am not sure what to do.
The only comforting factor - I have 78 hrs with a GPA of 4.0 from an US University.
If you think the evaluation was incorrect, get another done by a new agency. One familiar with your uni and its ranking system would probably be best.

Don't shortchange yourself.

:luck: