Nontraditional med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dradams

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear from current or former nontradtional med students about making through med school with a family - financially and otherwise.

I'm 32 and will be applying for the 2005 entering class and am married with one child (8 months old currently).

Members don't see this ad.

YOU GO!!!!
I'm 30 with a wife and a baby on the way (march) and I'm an MS1...I was told by different people that I was too old, but I didn't give up and I'm in....so those who tell you that you can't tell them to go fluck themselves
+pissed+

Thanks for the encouragment. Is your wife going to work when you have the baby? How will you manage financially, if I may ask?

Members don't see this ad :)
debt....the american way ofcourse, and we have a little saved, which will be enough for a happy meal or two... we had no other choice, except not go.

Thanks guys.

I am 35 and a wife and mother of three. I have two daughters, ages 5 and 7, and my son was born August 30, 2003 -- two weeks into my MS1 year (He was a big surprise, but a wonderful gift!)

It is a challenge, but I have a very supportive husband, my parents live nearby and help a great deal, and the nanny we hired is amazing. I am fortunate that my husband's salary is adequate for us.

Best of luck to you and if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Deirdre

Thanks for the encouragment Deirdre.