Nontraditional Pre-PT, currently completing prerequisites, should I apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shortysmorty

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm a 26 year old nontraditional trying to apply to PT school. I graduated with my BS in Industrial Design in 2017 and spent the last few years soul searching. I had only started exploring PT and shadowing in March (totaled 8 hours before COVID shut everything down.) Laid off from the pandemic, I started taking classes because I was fairly sure this is what I want to do. I was missing all the sciences because my degree didn't require them, but thankfully have 1 Psych, 2 English credits, and plenty of Math. I've now secured a job as a part time PT tech to get more hours. I've completed Statistics and Bio 1 over the summer. I'm currently in Chem 1, Physics 1, Anatomy & Physiology 1, Chem 2 (Fall Term 2), and Upper Level Psych. For the spring, I have Microbiology, Physics 2, and A&P2 planned. I did already submit applications for two instate schools whose deadlines were October 1, but knowing so many of my courses are in progress/planned, do I actually have any chance? I might apply for some more programs with later deadlines this cycle for Fall 2021 starts once my Fall grades post.

My cGPA was 3.84 from undergrad and I have a 4.0 so far in my sciences that I'm in and have completed.
GRE: 153V / 160 Q / 5.0 AWA

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure you're going to get a lot of answers here. This forum is for students planning to enter medical school to become doctors. The forum you want is here: Pre-Physical Therapy

Reactions: 1 user