Normal for people to quit already?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The Red Pill IS the antidote mang. Teaches you how to keep your pimp hand strong, to keep a bish in line, namsayin?

She was a fool if you ask me. Errr'body frontin, errr'body talking a big game, and she fell for it. First thing to assume when you hear about how difficult something is, when you hear someone bitchin, is that they frontin.

At least that's my experience.

Yeah, call it quits. And then what?

I get that she's a woman, and she can leverage her looks to marry rich (as several women in my class plan to do), so it doesn't matter to her. For the rest of us, if we leave med school, all that's left in our lives is decades of disgrace and suffering.

No matter how ****ty Pulm is, it's not as bad as that.

what???! go freaking study and stop making ignorant stupid comments.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Im actually not sure, I'll ask for a sample deans letter soon. I honestly think it might be true because one time I dropped the bomb about how internal ranking works (assumed our school was internal ranked) and people were saying something about no code word on ours so I'll have to check. Its just H/P/F though, no HP. We have AoA if that auto means there is ranking. Not sure if the true or fake concept is based on AoA or deans letter words.

Members don't see this ad :)
excuse me viser of derm, what exactly are you trying to say? *puts boxing gloves on* :mad::mad::mad::mad:
I'm saying she could go for a school that has less stress in terms of assured specialty and better lifestyle. For example, in Dentistry, almost everyone is a general dentist, so if you just make it thru school, you're assured of being a dentist. Very few people specialize and go for OMFS, Ortho, Perio, etc.

I'm saying she could go for a school that has less stress in terms of assured specialty and better lifestyle. For example, in Dentistry, almost everyone is a general dentist, so if you just make it thru school, you're assured of being a dentist. Very few people specialize and go for OMFS, Ortho, Perio, etc.

i think you were being mean and forgot that allo has picked up a token dentist(yours truly, the best ever) :mad::D

Reactions: 1 user
Im actually not sure, I'll ask for a sample deans letter soon. I honestly think it might be true because one time I dropped the bomb about how internal ranking works (assumed our school was internal ranked) and people were saying something about no code word on ours so I'll have to check. Its just H/P/F though, no HP. We have AoA if that auto means there is ranking. Not sure if the true or fake concept is based on AoA or deans letter words.
Well if it's H/P/F then you're not "true" P/F (P/F with no internal rank), the way University of Chicago-Pritzker is for example, in the first 2 years. Of course, if other people think that they're not being ranked, even with a H/P/F system, then they're huge fools.

i think you were being mean and forgot that allo has picked up a token dentist(yours truly, the best ever) :mad::D
Not mean at all! lol. There are many healthcare field pathways that would be open to her. Dentistry isn't the only one. Oh, I forgot, dental hygienist too.

I think we need a video of Samuel L. Jackson saying, "I'm 'bout to get medieval ham on yo a$$!!"

Reactions: 1 users
Well if it's H/P/F then you're not "true" P/F (P/F with no internal rank), the way University of Chicago-Pritzker is for example, in the first 2 years. Of course, if other people think that they're not being ranked, even with a H/P/F system, then they're huge fools.

Lol that's true I'm so dumb

now youre comparing me to a hygienist...im gonna throw my green juice at your head. :blackeye:
I said there are OTHER variety of fields she could go for. I could add Pharmacy as well to the list. nvm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol that's true I'm so dumb
"true" refers only to P/F schools.

"true" P/F = P/F with no internal rank in the first 2 years ---> Harvard, Yale, Case Western, Pritzker, UCSF, Washington, etc.
vs. those that are are P/F only but still internally rank those years ---> UAB, Baylor, Wright State, etc.

what gf doesnt do that for their bf? i mean, really now. lets be srs here.

Mmmmmmmm. That's hot. So would you say that's the sentiment among your girlfriends? My ex-gf (-fiance) did it and she was GREAT at it. But, I get the feeling that a lot of women *tolerate* it and, then, when they get married, stop doing it.

What say you?

"true" refers only to P/F schools.

"true" P/F = P/F with no internal rank in the first 2 years ---> Harvard, Yale, Case Western, Pritzker, UCSF, Washington, etc.
vs. those that are are P/F only but still internally rank those years ---> UAB, Baylor, Wright State, etc.

Hey man, I don't see Touro or LECOM on that list :laugh:

Mmmmmmmm. That's hot. So would you say that's the sentiment among your girlfriends? My ex-gf (-fiance) did it and she was GREAT at it. But, I get the feeling that a lot of women *tolerate* it and, then, when they get married, stop doing it.

What say you?

my overall philosophy is that if you arent keeping your partner happy, then someone else will. i dont get the 'tolerate' outlook, its fun. and yes, my friends share my opinions on the matter.

What say you?
Dude, her significant other is on here.

my overall philosophy is that if you arent keeping your partner happy, then someone else will. i dont get the 'tolerate' outlook, its fun. and yes, my friends share my opinions on the matter.
:) -- :joyful: -- :heckyeah:

I get that she's a woman, and she can leverage her looks to marry rich (as several women in my class plan to do), so it doesn't matter to her. For the rest of us, if we leave med school, all that's left in our lives is decades of disgrace and suffering.

ITT: yet another reminder about the lasting damage of poor parenting.

Reactions: 5 users
Guys. ....

Ya'll are killing me here. Ark misogyny. Blow jobs. Poor parenting.

1408562973935.jpg

Look, I'm just calling it how I see it. Or do you deny that some women just want to marry rich, and thus an intense surgical career is less important to them than it would be to a man who doesn't have that option?

There will always be a subset of people who want to marry rich. I think you are implying that lots of women in med school are golddiggers which doesn't jive with reality. Idk why you would go to med school if you are just planning on marrying for money.

Reactions: 3 users
There will always be a subset of people who want to marry rich. I think you are implying that lots of women in med school are golddiggers which doesn't jive with reality. Idk why you would go to med school if you are just planning on marrying for money.

double doctor income, whattup

I meant the lady in NickNaylor's class who quit. Maybe she realized that instead of going through med school hell, she could marry rich.

I meant the lady in NickNaylor's class who quit. Maybe she realized that instead of going through med school hell, she could marry rich.
Or what he told us... she was overwhelmed with the work. Which is the most likely the case for most people who quit (that or personal issues)

There is no evidence that supports your theory

Reactions: 3 users
Or what he told us... she was overwhelmed with the work. Which is the most likely the case for most people who quit (that or personal issues)

There is no evidence that supports your theory

Everyone's overwhelmed with the work in medical school. The difference is that I won't stop going ham because I know I have no other reasonable options left to me. I'm stuck in the arena, and the only way out is to kill the other gladiator.

But she was overwhelmed and she has other options.

And speaking of going ham, I better get back to studying, I've made 3 posts today (2 over what I intended).

Everyone's overwhelmed with the work in medical school. The difference is that I won't stop going ham because I know I have no other reasonable options left to me. I'm stuck in the arena, and the only way out is to kill the other gladiator.

But she was overwhelmed and she has other options.

And speaking of going ham, I better get back to studying, I've made 3 posts today (2 over what I intended).
We all have other options. If you are smart enough to get into med school, you are smart enough to pursue other careers (PA/NP/PhD/MPH/etc)

Reactions: 2 users
Reminder to keep your discussions professional and on topic, please. This ain't the lounge.

Reactions: 6 users
We had one person drop out during anatomy. I think the class below me had someone drop out during orientation. 2-ish people usually have to repeat MS1. Can't imagine 6 dropping in the first couple weeks.

The Red Pill IS the antidote mang. Teaches you how to keep your pimp hand strong, to keep a bish in line, namsayin?

She was a fool if you ask me. Errr'body frontin, errr'body talking a big game, and she fell for it. First thing to assume when you hear about how difficult something is, when you hear someone bitchin, is that they frontin.

At least that's my experience.

Yeah, call it quits. And then what?

No matter how ****ty Pulm is, it's not as bad as that.

@Arkangeloid - This kind of language just isn't working for you. Please just be who you are.

Reactions: 6 users
We lost a decent amount of people, but the majority either switched to a different pathway or had to repeat because of Anatomy. Early on we did flat out lose about 2 or so people though. They seemed to just disappear. One guy was living close to me, and one day his car was gone and the place was empty. One neighbor said he just wasn't happy, changed his mind, and no longer wanted to do medicine. At least he made the decision early.

I'm really surprised by the number of people who don't know what they're getting into before they start med school. I was talking to one friend at a Top 20 program, and he kind of just went to med school because his parents expected him to either go to grad school (he applied MD and engineering PhD) or get a job. Now he's debating leaving as a 3rd year (with a Step 1 score of ~250) because he hates medicine.

I don't think I could justify the work of applying to med school, let alone med school itself if I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. I'd have way too much trouble motivating myself.

We lost a decent amount of people, but the majority either switched to a different pathway or had to repeat because of Anatomy. Early on we did flat out lose about 2 or so people though. They seemed to just disappear. One guy was living close to me, and one day his car was gone and the place was empty. One neighbor said he just wasn't happy, changed his mind, and no longer wanted to do medicine. At least he made the decision early.

I'm really surprised by the number of people who don't know what they're getting into before they start med school. I was talking to one friend at a Top 20 program, and he kind of just went to med school because his parents expected him to either go to grad school (he applied MD and engineering PhD) or get a job. Now he's debating leaving as a 3rd year (with a Step 1 score of ~250) because he hates medicine.

I don't think I could justify the work of applying to med school, let alone med school itself if I wasn't sure I wanted to do it. I'd have way too much trouble motivating myself.

Your friend must be a genius. I can't imagine getting a 250 on step 1 while hating medicine.

Your friend must be a genius. I can't imagine getting a 250 on step 1 while hating medicine.
I can. Liking basic science and the theory of medicine doesn't always equate to liking clinical medicine and the way it's practiced.

I can. Just have to understand the farce of non clinicians in insurance companies, management companies, hospitals and government making important decisions and everyone else wanting to elevate themselves to our level without putting in the same time or effort. Dolla dolla bill yall. That's what all these nondoctors care about while having the gall to accuse doctors of being avaricious nonstop in the media

I can. Just have to understand the farce of non clinicians in insurance companies, management companies, hospitals and government making important decisions and everyone else wanting to elevate themselves to our level without putting in the same time or effort. Dolla dolla bill yall. That's what all these nondoctors care about while having the gall to accuse doctors of being avaricious nonstop in the media
This. The pile-on on doctors, by insurance companies, hospitals, politicians, other doctors, nurses, etc. is ridiculous. Truly no good deed goes unpunished. Even hypocrite medical students are doing the same:

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2013/04/lawmakers-care-personal-hardships-doctors.html

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2013/11/put-patients-interests-put.html

This. The pile-on on doctors, by insurance companies, hospitals, politicians, other doctors, nurses, etc. is ridiculous. Truly no good deed goes unpunished. Even hypocrite medical students are doing the same:

http://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2013/04/lawmakers-care-personal-hardships-doctors.html

I love kevinmd, I can't believe those piece of crap articles are on their site. Good logic. Yeah they shouldn't care unless outcomes get bad, NOT. What an idiot

I love kevinmd, I can't believe those piece of crap articles are on their site. Good logic. Yeah they shouldn't care unless outcomes get bad, NOT. What an idiot
There are lot of different people in a medical school class. Idealistic, naive, holier than thou med students are one of them. I also notice they sometimes tend to be the born into wealth type, but that's not always the case.

Lol at these med students. They will have a rude awakening when they get to the real world. I'm glad to be sheltered in the bubble of academia at least for now

Lol at these med students. They will have a rude awakening when they get to the real world. I'm glad to be sheltered in the bubble of academia at least for now
One of them has a big social media presence. He'll be a future AMSA president I'm sure or a health policy "fellow" a.k.a. a suit.