Normal ? Licensed Psych question: Still being supervised AFTER licensure....is this a thing or gouging?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CAPsychDoc

Reaction score
Recently CA Licensed (Psychologist) with my number in good standing...Is it normal for office manager and owner at private practice to insist I remain supervised until credentialed by ALL insurance panels, including panels I am not currently using for my long term clients which I had as an associate.

The wait is estimated at 3-4 more months. Meaning 3-4 more months of supervision post-licensure?
I understand a bit of time between getting credentialed, but to me, it seems they are holding on, supervisor gets paid weekly by the owner to see me, and all of my EOBs are under his name (if that matters). They have done nothing to promote me moving forward. I joined CAQH on my own, then they added to it and posted my availability at 5 hours per week on the chart. It is like pulling teeth to get the clients unless I bring them in myself, and they have told me that if I wont stay on as a supervisee then I have to quit (but not take my clients or that is "stealing", when prior to this their policy is that we can take our clients along). Is some of this normal, or ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user