You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
North Carolina DPT 2019-2020
Started by destination.dpt
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
destination.dpt
Full Member
Has anyone heard from UNC yet? Also what did y'all think of their terrifying video essays??
possiblydpt
Full Member
I just got sent the email to fill out the supplemental appHas anyone heard from UNC yet? Also what did y'all think of their terrifying video essays??
destination.dpt
Full Member
Just got an interview invite for Duke!!! Anyone else? (regular decision btw)
When did you submit your application? May I ask your stats.Just got an interview invite for Duke!!! Anyone else? (regular decision btw)
destination.dpt
Full Member
I submitted 8/19!
Undergrad: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
GPA: 3.422
GRE: 160V, 155Q, 4 writing
Hours: combined around ~1500 or more in outpatient, pediatrics, nursing home
Work: Research Tech at an Alzheimer’s lab, Medical Assistant, and been a rehab aide twice (currently working as one) - all positions have been full-time
Undergrad: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
GPA: 3.422
GRE: 160V, 155Q, 4 writing
Hours: combined around ~1500 or more in outpatient, pediatrics, nursing home
Work: Research Tech at an Alzheimer’s lab, Medical Assistant, and been a rehab aide twice (currently working as one) - all positions have been full-time
possiblydpt
Full Member
Congrats, good luck!!Just got an interview invite for Duke!!! Anyone else? (regular decision btw)
Just got an interview invite for Duke!!! Anyone else? (regular decision btw)
Hey! I got a Duke interview invite too! Anyone else heard?
Do we know how many people they interview?
When did you submit? And what are your stats?Hey! I got a Duke interview invite too! Anyone else heard?
Do we know how many people they interview?
When did you submit? And what are your stats?
Hey - I applied the end of September... probably around 9/25-9/30?
Undergrad: University of Utah
Major: Psych, Sociology, Nutrition
GPA: 3.658
GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.5 writing
Hours: ~2300 in outpatient, women's health, and in-patient rehab
Work: PT scribe, marketing and event coordinator, Hard Cider tap room associate, Anatomy TA
I have a lot of volunteer hours and research experience in my background as well.
Hey - I applied the end of September... probably around 9/25-9/30?
Undergrad: University of Utah
Major: Psych, Sociology, Nutrition
GPA: 3.658
GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.5 writing
Hours: ~2300 in outpatient, women's health, and in-patient rehab
Work: PT scribe, marketing and event coordinator, Hard Cider tap room associate, Anatomy TA
I have a lot of volunteer hours and research experience in my background as well.
Oh man, guessing I'm not getting the interview invite as I applied 9/9 🙁 Congrats!
Same...I applied at the end of August. Haven't heard a thing. Assuming when October 15th rolls around they will break the bad news to me.Oh man, guessing I'm not getting the interview invite as I applied 9/9 🙁 Congrats!
Same...I applied at the end of August. Haven't heard a thing. Assuming when October 15th rolls around they will break the bad news to me.
LEC_DPT and hem226, I hope you both don't give up and keep pushing forward! Also, I hope both of you will receive a chance somewhere this year. I know the feeling of waiting and waiting, just to find out the bad news (this year is my third go around and ~26 time applying to schools). but by the off chance you don't get in anywhere this application year (which i hope thats NOT the case) and believe duke is your first choice, I would HIGHLY recommend going through Early Decision next year. It's a complete numbers game and the chances of getting in during Early Decision is A LOT higher than regular decision due to the small applicant pool size. continue to grit (have passion and determination) it out and it'll all workout at the end. LEC_DPT and hem226, Good luck and wishing you both all the best.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
possiblydpt
Full Member
I just got offered an interview at Western Carolina today
possiblydpt
Full Member
Also in the email it says that the interview dates are November 22, 23 and December 6th. I guess they are trying to speed up the process this yearDoes anybody know anything about Western Carolina, I know the interviews are December 7-8 but has anyone heard anything?
possiblydpt
Full Member
Yay congrats!! Im planning on going on November 23rd, what about you?
I plan on going December 6th due to volleyball season! Hopefully going during that time doesn't hurt my chances. When you interview, be sure to report back about how the group interviews went! I am nervous. Good luck to you!!!Yay congrats!! Im planning on going on November 23rd, what about you?
For those of you who got an interview, did Duke call or email you? Should I give up hope at this point? I would assume that I would get a rejection but I guess they could just ghost on some applicants that didn’t make it.
Hey there - they emailed me. Hopefully they will let you know one way or the other!! Wishing you luck! <3
possiblydpt
Full Member
Anyone know when ECU Sends out interview invites?
Fingers.Crossed.20
Full Member
Anyone have updates on ECU? Just wondering what their typical timeline is for sending out invites and doing interviews. Thanks!
they gave me a call of my acceptance. Best of luckFor those of you who got an interview, did Duke call or email you? Should I give up hope at this point? I would assume that I would get a rejection but I guess they could just ghost on some applicants that didn’t make it.
Congrats! When is your interview?Just got an interview invite for Duke!!! Anyone else? (regular decision btw)
destination.dpt
Full Member
It's this Friday the 1st!Congrats! When is your interview?
possiblydpt
Full Member
Still havent heard from anyone other than Western... its really stressing me out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cabauguess
New Member
Hello all. I applied to WCU, ECU, Duke, WSSU, Wingate, and Elon.
I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.
I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.
I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.
I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.
When did you apply to / hear from Wingate?Hello all. I applied to WCU, ECU, Duke, WSSU, Wingate, and Elon.
I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.
I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.
Fingers.Crossed.20
Full Member
Hey, when did you apply to and hear back from ECU?Hello all. I applied to WCU, ECU, Duke, WSSU, Wingate, and Elon.
I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.
I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.
cabauguess
New Member
I applied early to mid September to Wingate and got acceptance call early to mid October. Sorry for not having exact dates.When did you apply to / hear from Wingate?
cabauguess
New Member
Applied mid to late September to ECU, just got invitation to interview within the last 5 days.Hey, when did you apply to and hear back from ECU?
destination.dpt
Full Member
Duke said we'd get decisions by this Monday!!
I applied to Wingate as well! Would you mind sharing your stats?Hello all. I applied to WCU, ECU, Duke, WSSU, Wingate, and Elon.
I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.
I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.
Duke said we'd get decisions by this Monday!!
Received email this morning - I was denied by Duke. Good luck to everyone else!!!!
Has anyone else not heard back from ECU yet? I applied mid September and haven't heard back
Fingers.Crossed.20
Full Member
Same! I submitted around the same time and haven’t heard anything at all. I don’t know what their typical timeline is either...Has anyone else not heard back from ECU yet? I applied mid September and haven't heard back
possiblydpt
Full Member
I havent heard back either, but i know they already sent out a bunch of interviews 🙁Has anyone else not heard back from ECU yet? I applied mid September and haven't heard back
Duke said we'd get decisions by this Monday!!
Have you heard anything??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
destination.dpt
Full Member
Yess I got in!! Got a call on ThursdayHave you heard anything??
Congratulations!!Yess I got in!! Got a call on Thursday
I applied to Duke and Elon regular decision and submitted my applications to both in mid-late September. Has anyone, who submitted within this time frame, heard back? Also, congratulations to all of you guys, who have already been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting!
destination.dpt
Full Member
Does anyone know how to apply for any of the scholarships Duke offers?
Does anyone know how to apply for any of the scholarships Duke offers?
they told me that once they fill out the class cohort, they'll send out the scholarship information. approximately around Feb.
Did you submit your Letter of Intent to Duke?
Last edited: