North Carolina DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

destination.dpt

Reaction score
Starting a thread for Regular Decision applicants to NC schools! I applied to UNC, Duke, and Elon (I'm an out of state applicant). If anyone hears back let us know here!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to WCU and Duke, also out of state/international student. Love to know if there has been any movement at either school.

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to High Point and Wingate as an out of state student! I know both have rolling admissions so the anxiety level is high (especially as a repeat applicant)

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard from UNC yet? Also what did y'all think of their terrifying video essays??

Just got an interview invite for Duke!!! Anyone else? (regular decision btw)

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
I submitted 8/19!

Undergrad: Northeastern University
Major: Behavioral Neuroscience
GPA: 3.422
GRE: 160V, 155Q, 4 writing

Hours: combined around ~1500 or more in outpatient, pediatrics, nursing home

Work: Research Tech at an Alzheimer’s lab, Medical Assistant, and been a rehab aide twice (currently working as one) - all positions have been full-time

When did you submit? And what are your stats?

Hey - I applied the end of September... probably around 9/25-9/30?

Undergrad: University of Utah
Major: Psych, Sociology, Nutrition
GPA: 3.658
GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.5 writing

Hours: ~2300 in outpatient, women's health, and in-patient rehab

Work: PT scribe, marketing and event coordinator, Hard Cider tap room associate, Anatomy TA
I have a lot of volunteer hours and research experience in my background as well.

Hey - I applied the end of September... probably around 9/25-9/30?

Undergrad: University of Utah
Major: Psych, Sociology, Nutrition
GPA: 3.658
GRE: 155V, 151Q, 4.5 writing

Hours: ~2300 in outpatient, women's health, and in-patient rehab

Work: PT scribe, marketing and event coordinator, Hard Cider tap room associate, Anatomy TA
I have a lot of volunteer hours and research experience in my background as well.

Oh man, guessing I'm not getting the interview invite as I applied 9/9 :( Congrats!

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh man, guessing I'm not getting the interview invite as I applied 9/9 :( Congrats!
Same...I applied at the end of August. Haven't heard a thing. Assuming when October 15th rolls around they will break the bad news to me.

Same...I applied at the end of August. Haven't heard a thing. Assuming when October 15th rolls around they will break the bad news to me.

LEC_DPT and hem226, I hope you both don't give up and keep pushing forward! Also, I hope both of you will receive a chance somewhere this year. I know the feeling of waiting and waiting, just to find out the bad news (this year is my third go around and ~26 time applying to schools). but by the off chance you don't get in anywhere this application year (which i hope thats NOT the case) and believe duke is your first choice, I would HIGHLY recommend going through Early Decision next year. It's a complete numbers game and the chances of getting in during Early Decision is A LOT higher than regular decision due to the small applicant pool size. continue to grit (have passion and determination) it out and it'll all workout at the end. LEC_DPT and hem226, Good luck and wishing you both all the best.

Does anybody know anything about Western Carolina, I know the interviews are December 7-8 but has anyone heard anything?

I just got offered an interview at Western Carolina today

Does anybody know anything about Western Carolina, I know the interviews are December 7-8 but has anyone heard anything?
Also in the email it says that the interview dates are November 22, 23 and December 6th. I guess they are trying to speed up the process this year

I just got invited to the interview too today actually! When will you be attending?

Yay congrats!! Im planning on going on November 23rd, what about you?
I plan on going December 6th due to volleyball season! Hopefully going during that time doesn't hurt my chances. When you interview, be sure to report back about how the group interviews went! I am nervous. Good luck to you!!!

For those of you who got an interview, did Duke call or email you? Should I give up hope at this point? I would assume that I would get a rejection but I guess they could just ghost on some applicants that didn’t make it.

For those of you who got an interview, did Duke call or email you? Should I give up hope at this point? I would assume that I would get a rejection but I guess they could just ghost on some applicants that didn’t make it.

Hey there - they emailed me. Hopefully they will let you know one way or the other!! Wishing you luck! <3

Has anyone heard anything from Duke recently? Thanks in advance! :)

Anyone have updates on ECU? Just wondering what their typical timeline is for sending out invites and doing interviews. Thanks!

they gave me a call of my acceptance. Best of luck

Still havent heard from anyone other than Western... its really stressing me out

How was everyone's Duke interview? Any idea when we should be hearing back from them?

Hello all. I applied to WCU, ECU, Duke, WSSU, Wingate, and Elon.

I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.

I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.

I was accepted into Wingate. I have also received invitations to interviews from WCU, ECU, and Elon.
I accepted the invitation to interview at both WCU and ECU, I turned down the interview at Elon.
My interview at WCU is on 11/22, and my interview at ECU is 11/23, so it looks like I will be going on a NC mountains to coast tour that weekend.

I have yet to hear from Duke, although I did apply there in late September to early October, so I am holding out hope.
When did you apply to / hear from Wingate?

Congratulations! Do any one know when will receive interview invitation if i submitted it just by the ddl?

Hey, when did you apply to and hear back from ECU?

Just got my rejection from Wingate.

• Sad

I applied to Wingate as well! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Has anyone else not heard back from ECU yet? I applied mid September and haven't heard back

I applied to Duke and Elon regular decision and submitted my applications to both in mid-late September. Has anyone, who submitted within this time frame, heard back? Also, congratulations to all of you guys, who have already been accepted, and good luck to those still waiting!

Does anyone know how to apply for any of the scholarships Duke offers?

Does anyone know how to apply for any of the scholarships Duke offers?

they told me that once they fill out the class cohort, they'll send out the scholarship information. approximately around Feb.
Did you submit your Letter of Intent to Duke?

Last edited: