North Carolina DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey All! I'm still waiting to hear back from Western Carolina too. Glad to see that someone already got a response! I know we were told we might have to wait until March, but I was really hoping it wouldn't take so long!
Who told you until march? I was told at my interview we would hear soon after. I havent heard a thing. I dont want to wait and have decided to go to a different school. Very poor communication skills
 
Who told you until march? I was told at my interview we would hear soon after. I havent heard a thing. I dont want to wait and have decided to go to a different school. Very poor communication skills
After the interview, we were told it might take as long as March. Dr. Watson told us it may take that long in a brief address out in the hallway after we were through.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone from NC that can tell me about Duke/the Durham area? I was accepted to Duke and will be moving from Oregon so I’m anxious to know more about the area!
Hi. I went to UNC for undergrad, but it's very similar. The area is GORGEOUS! There aren't mountains, but it's clean and clear. Duke's campus feels very Ivy League, just like you'd expect. Everything is very pristine. If you like Oregon, I think you'll dig the Durham area.
 
Where have you decided to go, out of curiosity?

I am going to UW-Madison! How about you, have you made a decision or are you waiting to hear from WCU?

-also I didnt want to put multiple deposits down while I waited for WCU that is another reason why I have decided not to go there.
 
I am going to UW-Madison! How about you, have you made a decision or are you waiting to hear from WCU?

-also I didnt want to put multiple deposits down while I waited for WCU that is another reason why I have decided not to go there.
Nice! I am in a similar boat. I spoke to them today. It seems the student liaison got pneumonia and was hospitalized the last week plus. She is supposed to let me know by tomorrow, as one school wants a deposit by Wednesday.
 
What were your stats for UNC? Are you a NC resident?
Hi! Yes I’m a Nc resident and my stats are
cGPA: 3.5
pre-req GPA: around 3.62
GRE: 152V, 155Q, 4.0 AW
Hours: 57 in nursing home, 9 in public school system, and 37 in outpatient clinic, 16 in industrial health
Extracurricular: Honors college, club ultimate Frisbee, NC autism society, Best Buddies, Operation building courage, distinguished leadership position for my job
LOR: 1 from PT,1 from Professor I took a very smal research class with, 1 from my boss
 
Hello all! I am not from North Carolina but was recently accepted into Wingate. I am planning on visiting in the near future and have knowledge on the program itself but I was just wondering if anybody could let me know what the campus/area was like. Thanks!
 
Hey guys, need some advice! A school I got accepted to told me I had until 1/23 to pay the deposit. Do you think that means I can pay it on the 23rd or that it has to be today. I already tried emailing but got no response. I'm supposed to hear from another school tomorrow and really trying to not waste $500.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, need some advice! A school I got accepted to told me I had until 1/23 to pay the deposit. Do you think that means I can pay it on the 23rd or that it has to be today. I already tried emailing but got no response. I'm supposed to hear from another school tomorrow and really trying to not waste $500.
Honestly I would risk it and go ahead and pay it today because you don’t know what time you’ll hear tomorrow and you don’t know what time their cutoff for deposits might be!
 
Who went to unc interview? Anyone heard back from unc yet? I forgot what they said about decision time.

They said that they were meeting this week to make their decisions, and that it should come the following week I believe. But I just got an email about sending in financial aid stuff because they want to send scholarship and acceptances out at the same time. So it might take longer if people don’t send that stuff in soon.
 
Hello all! I am not from North Carolina but was recently accepted into Wingate. I am planning on visiting in the near future and have knowledge on the program itself but I was just wondering if anybody could let me know what the campus/area was like. Thanks!

Hi There! I got accepted to Wingate too! It's a very nice campus in a small town. The PT building is brand new and gorgeous!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if any of you all have heard back from Winston Salem State? I also have an interview set up at Elon later this month and was wondering if anybody can tell me how their interview process is?
 
Hey everyone!

I was wondering if any of you all have heard back from Winston Salem State? I also have an interview set up at Elon later this month and was wondering if anybody can tell me how their interview process is?
For Elon’s interview, it is very relaxed and there was only 12 people in our group. They split you into groups of 3 and you do 3 separate 10 minute interviews with 3 different professors. It is very casual and the professors are very nice and laid back. Good luck!
 
I’ve been wondering the same thing! But so far I’ve only found Facebook pages for previous years but nothing for the upcoming class. Hopefully they make one soon!
I've been looking too! I'll be coming from out of state, so I definitely want to be able to connect with classmates before hand. I am also apartment shopping but would love to know if anyone else is planning to just get a one bed room or if everyone will have roommates. So much to think about and get done!
 
I've been looking too! I'll be coming from out of state, so I definitely want to be able to connect with classmates before hand. I am also apartment shopping but would love to know if anyone else is planning to just get a one bed room or if everyone will have roommates. So much to think about and get done!
There really is! I’ll most likely be looking for roommates just to save some money.
 
I just got accepted to UNC, but im having a hard time understanding the tuition price. Does anyone know how much it is per semester?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad