North Carolina DPT 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering when people had submitted their applications to High Point and when they heard back? I got an email verifying that received my application over a month ago but haven't heard anything since
I got a call to schedule an interview about a week after I sent in my application
 
I’m wondering if it’s because I’m completing a prereq this semester?
I am too, that could be it. I know a few schools weren’t going to review my app until I had a certain amount of prereqs out of the way (I technically have them all done but I’m retaking several) so that could be it?
 
I just finished my interview at WCU! Wow their school is amazing and they have a great program, and for anyone who interviewed in Nov. They said wed hear abut decisions next week most likely!!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished my interview at WCU! Wow their school is amazing and they have a great program, and for anyone who interviewed in Nov. They said wed hear abut decisions next week most likely!!!!
Didn’t they lose their accreditation?
 
Didn’t they lose their accreditation?
Yes, it is on probation. They explained the situation and allowed us to ask a lot of questions about it. They confirmed that the ratio of faculty would be back to accreditation standards by August when the dean is able to step down and be a full-time faculty member. They also are in the process of hiring two more teachers as well. I believe they have a good plan and that the accreditation was an unintentional mistake due to not being able to complete the search for the Dean's replacement.
 
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could give me any insight or advice for a Duke interview. Were the individual interviews more conversational or more Q-and-A style? Duke is my first interview and I want to go in as prepared as possible. Thanks!
 
Hi! I'm wondering if anyone could give me any insight or advice for a Duke interview. Were the individual interviews more conversational or more Q-and-A style? Duke is my first interview and I want to go in as prepared as possible. Thanks!
Questions are very basic like why PT why Duke. And something like describe an instance where you found difficult to handle. Don’t be nervous. Just be yourself.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it a bad idea to email WCU and ask where the heck my decision is? They said last week they would be emailed and now the week has ended. Its getting kind of late in the year for them to hold out until the new year...So frustrated
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey All! I'm still waiting to hear back from Western Carolina too. Glad to see that someone already got a response! I know we were told we might have to wait until March, but I was really hoping it wouldn't take so long!