North Carolina PT Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

morganb15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has heard back from any PT schools in NC yet? I have applied to Elon, Duke, WCU, and ECU.

Members don't see this ad.

Got my rejection letter from Elon this week...really surprised at that. Otherwise, haven't heard from anyone. Also applied to Duke and WCU.

If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application to Elon? I applied to Elon about 3 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything except for the email about OnTrack.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you don't mind me asking, when did you submit your application to Elon? I applied to Elon about 3 weeks ago now and haven't heard anything except for the email about OnTrack.
They received my application on 8/21 and the website says my application is under review. I know someone who applied there around 3 weeks ago and already got an interview

I also applied to Elon and WCU. I have not heard from either of them, not even about the OnTrack thing for Elon... (what is that, by the way?). My application was mailed on 9/23 from PTCAS. Also, trika22, did you have an interview with Elon before you received the rejection? That's kind of a bummer, but hopefully Duke and WCU will work out! :)

I also got an interview at Elon but declined. I submitted the beginning of August and heard back last week I think.

Haven't heard anything from Duke since the email saying they have all my materials (that was last week...it took them forever to send me instructions about the supplemental fee). This wait is killing me!

I also applied to Elon and WCU. I have not heard from either of them, not even about the OnTrack thing for Elon... (what is that, by the way?). My application was mailed on 9/23 from PTCAS. Also, trika22, did you have an interview with Elon before you received the rejection? That's kind of a bummer, but hopefully Duke and WCU will work out! :)
OnTrack is just their log in system to keep track of your application status.. Hopefully they get that information to you soon!

I applied at the end of August/beginning of September. No interview, just a rejection letter.

I have an interview at Elon on 12/15. My application was verified on 9/26 and mailed on 9/30. I submitted it on 9/12. I received my OnTrack information on 10/6 and an email with the interview invitation on 10/9.

I really like the program at Elon from what I've read. However, I'm from Alaska, so NC is very far away. I've applied to several other schools so if I get into one of those I will probably end up choosing somewhere closer.

Okay thank you! I really like Elon's program too. That's awesome that you heard back so quickly alaskagirl21! I'm really hoping I hear from them soon.

I just received an email from UNC stating that applications are under review, and they will be notifying applicants of their status in late Dec. Interviews won't start until the end of January.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an email from UNC stating that applications are under review, and they will be notifying applicants of their status in late Dec. Interviews won't start until the end of January.
There's also only one interview date. They invite 60 people to interview that day, and they accept 30.

I heard back from Duke, but I applied early decision

I heard back from Duke, but I applied early decision
Oh that's exciting. When did you hear back? And if you're comfortable, would you mind telling stats and decision? Cheers.

I've applied to several NC schools as well… UNC, Elon, ECU, & WSSU

I heard from UNC that they are reviewing applications, but I don't suspect to hear anything from them for another month+

I got invited to interview at Elon, sometime in December I believe, still contemplating if I will go - I've heard great things about the program, BUT it is expensive & 160+ credit course load….wow.

Haven't heard anything from ECU or WSSU yet.

Lets keep this thread going!

Good Luck to all!

Oh that's exciting. When did you hear back? And if you're comfortable, would you mind telling stats and decision? Cheers.

I heard from Duke September 24. I was accepted :)

Here are my stats:
Major: Health Science and psychology
Overall GPA: 3.8
GRE: 313 combined, 5 writing
Experience: 200+ volunteer hours in outpatient & inpatient settings; sports therapy, general orthopedics, geriatrics, pediatrics, aquatic therapy, neuromuscular, cardio/pulmonary, intensive care

Reactions: 1 user
I applied to Elon, got my OnTrack information 10/8, but have yet heard anything else from them. Called about a week ago to see if they had all my materials and they said that my application is currently under review. I'm hoping that is a good thing?

I heard from Duke September 24. I was accepted :)

Here are my stats:
Major: Health Science and psychology
Overall GPA: 3.8
GRE: 313 combined, 5 writing
Experience: 200+ volunteer hours in outpatient & inpatient settings; sports therapy, general orthopedics, geriatrics, pediatrics, aquatic therapy, neuromuscular, cardio/pulmonary, intensive care
Congrats!!

Has anyone heard from ECU this week about the early interview date in December?

Still waiting to hear back from ECU. Starting to get kind of nervous. Have you heard anything today?
I got the email saying if you received an early interview you would be notified during the first week of November, but other than that I haven't heard anything else from them.

I haven't heard from them either. I'm sure they will be sending out something soon

I got the email saying if you received an early interview you would be notified during the first week of November, but other than that I haven't heard anything else from them.

I was thinking about either calling or emailing ECU later on today.

I applied to Elon in early september and got an interview for december just around 5 weeks later.

Still no word from Duke or WCU however.

If you don't mind, post what they tell you if you get in contact with them!

I have had no luck getting in contact with them yet. I tried to call but got no answer and they haven't emailed me back. Have you heard anything from ECU yet

I have had no luck getting in contact with them yet. I tried to call but got no answer and they haven't emailed me back. Have you heard anything from ECU yet
I haven't heard anything from ECU either. I am wondering if they have sent out the early interview invitations. The e-mail said they were supposed to be sent out last week. I may try to call as well.

I received an early invitation to interview via email on 11/7 at ECU

I received an interview invitation for WCU this morning!

WCU emailed today for interviews

A
I'm waiting to hear back from Duke still. Would you mind letting me know when you submitted your app to them? Thanks

Right after the ED deadline, August 19th or so.

anyone have their elon interview yet?

and any acceptances from wssu or wingate?

I only applied to Wingate in NC, and got accepted on the 6th of November.

3.77 cumulative gpa
~3.6 pre req
GRE Verbal - 150 Quant -152 Writing-3
130 observation hours - 30 from nursing home setting 100 from private outpatient office
3 letters of recommendation

3.77 cumulative gpa
~3.6 pre req
GRE Verbal - 150 Quant -152 Writing-3
130 observation hours - 30 from nursing home setting 100 from private outpatient office
3 letters of recommendation

congrats!! when did you apply?

3.62 overall GPA-Biomed
3.8 Pre-req
GRE: Quant 157 Verbal 149 Writing 4.5
Observed at 4 different places (inpatient and outpatient)
Currently work as a full-time rehab tech at a hospital

As of right now yes. Still waiting to hear back from a SC school. Then I will make my final decision. Are you planning on attending?

I have an interview with Elon on the 15th of December, but Wingate only gave me 30 days to submit the deposit to claim my seat which ends up being the day after my interview. I am not sure if I am going to go ahead and go with Wingate or wait it out to see if I can get into Elon.

I just got an interview with Elon today for 1/30 that I plan on attending, but I do have a few interviews before that date so we will see how things work out.

Reactions: 1 user
I have an interview with Elon on the 15th of December, but Wingate only gave me 30 days to submit the deposit to claim my seat which ends up being the day after my interview. I am not sure if I am going to go ahead and go with Wingate or wait it out to see if I can get into Elon.

Yea, the 30 days is my issue too. The other two schools I applied to (USC and MUSC) are supposed to let me know either late November or in December. But my deadline to submit my deposit is the 5th, so I'm not sure what to do.

I still havent heard anything from Wingate...hope they still have some spots!