-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Northern Arizona 2014-15 application thread!
Started by DesertPT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
*cue obsessive email checking*
@knj27 Did they tell you which campus you will be interviewing at?
Phoenix. Are you in-state or out-of-state? IIRC from what I read of past years threads they have usually sent out invites for in-state first. I think...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Phoenix. Are you in-state or out-of-state? IIRC from what I read of past years threads they have usually sent out invites for in-state first. I think...
Out of state. I think I also remember reading that they send out in-state invites first. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.
My husband has a really good potential job in Phoenix if I'm accepted to NAU so I am anxious to hear back from them.
Impatience increased to maximum capacity.
Impatience increased to maximum capacity.
I feel for you man...
Does anyone know if they will send a letter of rejection soon if you don't get an interview?
Are interview invites still being sent out?
I don't think we know the answer to either of these questions. Based on what I saw in previous years' threads, I think the rejections did come out around the same time as the interviews, but I don't totally remember. You could either look up what has been posted on SDN in the past, or just call the school and find out what the timeline looks like. You don't really need to though...you will eventually hear from them either way.
OOS Flagstaff interview 2/28 woot woot!
Just got an interview invite for 2/28 in Phoenix. I am not an Arizona resident so looks like they are getting to out-of-state students

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview 10AM 2/28 in Flagstaff! I'm also OOS.
Just got an email for the interview!
Interview 10AM 2/28 in Flagstaff! I'm also OOS.
OOS interview on the 28th as well! 👍
Interview invite, 2/28 in Flagstaff at 7:30AM!
I'm an out of state applicant and I received an interview invite for Saturday 2/28 at 1pm in Phoenix. I am beyond excited. Is it true that they only interview 20% of qualified OOS applicants? If so, that's a little encouraging 🙂
Is it true that they only interview 20% of qualified OOS applicants?
Yes, at least according to my ridiculously detailed and highly questionable mathematical analysis of the NAU acceptance process (see post #44 in this thread).
Wow...that's insane...where did you find this out?1,226 OOS applicants, 860 met minimum requirements, 160 interviewed.
1,226 OOS applicants, 860 met minimum requirements, 160 interviewed.
Are these numbers for this year? Source?
That number of OOS applicants would be the same as the number of total applicants from last year. And would be a record number of unqualified applicants submitting applications I think.
That would drop the chance of a randomly selected qualified OOS applicant being selected from my previously calculated ~4.5% to ~3.5% (~18% chance of being interviewed and about the same chance of being admitted once interviewed).
Yikes.
Last edited:
Haven't heard anything at all yet...I'm assuming I know the answer.
Haven't heard anything at all yet...I'm assuming I know the answer.
You and me, both! All i can tell myself now is womp womp womp. Haha.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey hey party people...anyone else heard anything? 2 more weeks til interviews!
KNJ27,
What is your interview time on Friday? I'm in at 7:30. Maybe I'll see you there.
How was it? I interview tomorrow in Phoenix.Well that was fun...
Is that a sarcastic fun or an actual good time like you've got just enough to get off in the club.
Is that a sarcastic fun or an actual good time like you've got just enough to get off in the club.
Mostly the former...partially the latter, though that example is a bit of a stretch lol...
How was it? I interview tomorrow in Phoenix.
It was good honestly but it was much more intense than the other interviews I've been to...3 back-to-back-to-back half hour interviews...so 90 minutes straight of being interviewed, verses the 20 or so minutes I've gotten at other schools. Which is good in some ways because I felt like I really got a chance to thoroughly represent who I am as a candidate, rather than having to go to all the trouble just for a 20 minute interview. But also I think I mentally started to fade a bit by the third one. But all in all I felt like I had some great conversations with my interviewers and did as well as could be expected. Try your best to get as much sleep as possible. This interview was pretty intensive and required some mental stamina.
Last edited:
90 minutes? Whaaat. Did you volunteer as tribute and go through a round of the Hunger Games too? Dang. Intense.
90 minutes? Whaaat. Did you volunteer as tribute and go through a round of the Hunger Games too? Dang. Intense.
you can tell NAU is looking for people that really have their act together...I hope they think I have mine together! lol
As time goes on the Hunger Games is seeming like a closer and closer approximation of what this process is like...
Last edited:
The 90 min interview marathon is the only thing that I remember from my NAU interview a few years ago lol. It was the most intense interview I had been to. I felt like I faded during the last interview and she asked me so many odd ball questions that I thought "really, lady 🙄?" to myself. I know every place asks those questions, but I was like DO YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST WENT THROUGH!? I don't care what crayon I would be lol. Good luck to everyone.
The 90 min interview marathon is the only thing that I remember from my NAU interview a few years ago lol. It was the most intense interview I had been to. I felt like I faded during the last interview and she asked me so many odd ball questions that I thought "really, lady 🙄?" to myself. I know every place asks those questions, but I was like DO YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST WENT THROUGH!? I don't care what crayon I would be lol. Good luck to everyone.
Well glad to know I'm not the only one who felt like I started to fade during the 3rd one. It was definitely the most intense of any interview I have ever been to, PT school, job or otherwise.
I don't care what crayon I would be lol
At another interview I went to I got asked what superpower I would have... 🙄 Luckily didn't get any quite that awkward or off the wall at NAU. I understand that they are asking these weird things to see if you are able to maintain composure, think on your toes, etc. but I still think they're lame.
And it seems like today the "tell me about a time when..." and "what would you do in this situation" type questions have pretty much become the standard for the bulk of the questions at any kind of interview you go to.
The 90 min interview marathon is the only thing that I remember from my NAU interview a few years ago lol. It was the most intense interview I had been to. I felt like I faded during the last interview and she asked me so many odd ball questions that I thought "really, lady 🙄?" to myself. I know every place asks those questions, but I was like DO YOU KNOW WHAT I JUST WENT THROUGH!? I don't care what crayon I would be lol. Good luck to everyone.
They seriously asked you what crayon you would be?? 😵 I interviewed (and was accepted) at NAU a couple of years ago, but I never got any ridiculous questions like that. Like knj said, there were lots of "tell me about a time when..." questions. I think it really depended on who you got for an interviewer, though. Each of my three interviews were all fairly different. Two of them were with local PTs who were NAU grads, and the third was with the PT department head.
So, knj, what is your superpower?
They seriously asked you what crayon you would be?? 😵 I interviewed (and was accepted) at NAU a couple of years ago, but I never got any ridiculous questions like that. Like knj said, there were lots of "tell me about a time when..." questions. I think it really depended on who you got for an interviewer, though. Each of my three interviews were all fairly different. Two of them were with local PTs who were NAU grads, and the third was with the PT department head.
So, knj, what is your superpower?
Ya that is still the interview structure they are using, for the record.
And that lame superpower question was at Midwestern Glendale (for the record too I guess) - I said some ridiculous BS about reading minds lol... That interview was pretty much hurtin' all around to be honest...
FWIW, if you ever get a crayon question again, always go with Tickle Me Pink or Magic Mint. Hit them with that boom boom pow.
And knj - I think reading minds is a decent choice. Better than what I'm guessing a lot of people would give: super healing. I mean c'mon. For anyone who's watched Captain Planet, Heart was not the business. I'm sure your interview went fine. I'm pretty sure if you were feeling fatigued by the end, so were others. Were you able to talk to other applicants afterwards and get their opinions?
And knj - I think reading minds is a decent choice. Better than what I'm guessing a lot of people would give: super healing. I mean c'mon. For anyone who's watched Captain Planet, Heart was not the business. I'm sure your interview went fine. I'm pretty sure if you were feeling fatigued by the end, so were others. Were you able to talk to other applicants afterwards and get their opinions?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think I'd be a Jazzberry Jam, or maybe Neon Carrot myself. I once had a Buzzfeed quiz tell me my superpower was Instant Lava. I thought that was pretty cool.
I was super close to choosing NAU in Flagstaff a couple years ago, but ended up attending elsewhere. Good luck to you all, and hope you hear back soon!!! 👍
I was super close to choosing NAU in Flagstaff a couple years ago, but ended up attending elsewhere. Good luck to you all, and hope you hear back soon!!! 👍
Okay, it wasn't as terrifying as I anticipated, but my brain is completely fried. Officially my last interview, and I am done with the application process!!
I've always thought of myself as a Razzmatazz crayon with the power of teleportation, FWIW.
I definitely agree with you. It definitely wasn't as terrifying as I thought it would be and all three of my interviews were pretty laid back for the most part. With that being said, it was definitely a long day with 90 total minutes of interviews. Best of luck to everyone else who interviewed today and yesterday!
FWIW, if you ever get a crayon question again, always go with Tickle Me Pink or Magic Mint. Hit them with that boom boom pow.
I've always thought of myself as a Razzmatazz crayon with the power of teleportation, FWIW.
I think I'd be a Jazzberry Jam, or maybe Neon Carrot myself. I once had a Buzzfeed quiz tell me my superpower was Instant Lava. I thought that was pretty cool.
😆
I'm pretty sure if you were feeling fatigued by the end, so were others. Were you able to talk to other applicants afterwards and get their opinions?
It definitely seemed like it was fairly intense for everyone. I didn't get a chance to really talk a lot to others about it, but the others I did talk to sounded about like my experience. I heard more than one person said they needed a drink once we were all headed to the elevator.

Last edited:
Okay, it wasn't as terrifying as I anticipated, but my brain is completely fried.
Agreed.
Officially my last interview, and I am done with the application process!!
Let's all chill and know that we've done what we could do. It's in the hands of the Almighty (and the Adcom) now.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
