-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Northern Arizona 2014-15 application thread!
Started by DesertPT
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Right now is literally the most I have ever cared about my email in my entire life.
I begged my boss to let me come in to work so I won't break my computer by compulsively refreshing all day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just wondering if there is anyone here who has been accepted to AT Still and is Waiting for NAU??
I think I've checked my e-mail about 10 times already today. Lol.Right now is literally the most I have ever cared about my email in my entire life.
I'm going on 100!!!!I think I've checked my e-mail about 10 times already today. Lol.
Just looked up some old threads...last year acceptances came out the Tuesday after interviews.
Although the two years before last (2013 and 2012) acceptances were sent out the Monday after interviews. Waitlists look like they come out the same day as acceptances as well. Not totally sure about post-interviews rejections.
Threads from both 2013 and 2014 seem to indicate that they went at least 20 deep into their waitlist, if not a little more. No promises of that happening this year of course, but take it for what it's worth.
As an aside for the record, for any future readers, that many people being accepted off the waitlist would make my previous calculations slightly pessimistic as far as percentage chances go (see around post 40-something). I was assuming their they would only take a few off the waitlist.
Although the two years before last (2013 and 2012) acceptances were sent out the Monday after interviews. Waitlists look like they come out the same day as acceptances as well. Not totally sure about post-interviews rejections.Threads from both 2013 and 2014 seem to indicate that they went at least 20 deep into their waitlist, if not a little more. No promises of that happening this year of course, but take it for what it's worth.
As an aside for the record, for any future readers, that many people being accepted off the waitlist would make my previous calculations slightly pessimistic as far as percentage chances go (see around post 40-something). I was assuming their they would only take a few off the waitlist.
Last edited:
Just looked up some old threads...last year acceptances came out the Tuesday after interviews.Although the two years before last (2013 and 2012) acceptances were sent out the Monday after interviews. Waitlists look like they come out the same day as acceptances as well. Not totally sure about post-interviews rejections.
Threads from both 2013 and 2014 seem to indicate that they went at least 20 deep into their waitlist, if not a little more. No promises of that happening this year of course, but take it for what it's worth.
As an aside for the record, for any future readers, that many people being accepted off the waitlist would make my previous calculations slightly pessimistic as far as percentage chances go (see around post 40-something). I was assuming their they would only take a few off the waitlist.
I spoke to first years at Flagstaff and Phoenix. All of them said they found out on Monday.
The students I talked to remembered getting theirs on Tuesday or Wednesday so I guess we'll see. I was really hoping it'd be today but it's not looking that way at this point.I spoke to first years at Flagstaff and Phoenix. All of them said they found out on Monday.
I spoke to first years at Flagstaff and Phoenix. All of them said they found out on Monday.
The students I talked to remembered getting theirs on Tuesday or Wednesday
Lol. Impatience reaching maximum capacity...
I work with a PT who's a professor at NAU she said it should be coming today they had a couple people they had to check prerequisite and other stuff on before they sent everything out. She also mentioned they do usually go ~25-30 deep but have gone up to high 30s in their alternate pool.Well everyone...here's to tomorrow!
Not yet...the game goes on and on.Anyone hear anything yet??? I interviewed Saturday and the suspense is killing me...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Accepted to the Flagstaff campus!
Congrats to those who got in! I am placed 44th on the wait list. (I didn't know it went that high!)
my stats = GRE math & verbal both over 160, GPA 3.9+, 120 hrs observation, and an AZ resident...I was hoping I'd place higher than 44th on wait-list.
I am curious what it is that NAU looks for in candidates.
my stats = GRE math & verbal both over 160, GPA 3.9+, 120 hrs observation, and an AZ resident...I was hoping I'd place higher than 44th on wait-list.
I am curious what it is that NAU looks for in candidates.
Congrats to those who got in! I am placed 44th on the wait list. (I didn't know it went that high!)
my stats = GRE math & verbal both over 160, GPA 3.9+, 120 hrs observation, and an AZ resident...I was hoping I'd place higher than 44th on wait-list.
I am curious what it is that NAU looks for in candidates.
I think they put a lot of weight towards the interview. I asked admissions the year I applied what I could have improved upon and mostly everything was interview answers (similar answers to different questions, etc.) which I think is silly but
. Applications are becoming more and more competitive and candidates have such similar stats. The interview is where you stand out I guess.Just accepted into the Phoenix campus! I am unbelievably happy - this was my top choice school from the beginning and after being rejected from every other school I applied to I didn't have high hopes when opening this email. Best of luck to everyone - I can't wait to meet everyone in the Fall!
23rd on the wait list. Already accepted other offers but I still hope to get in. Pray for me.
Best of luck! From what I've heard it seems as though you have a pretty good shot at it this round - I believe they usually go into the 20's in their wait list.
Tweaze, you're from Seattle too?? PNW buddies in Phoenix!Accepted to the Phoenix campus, and will be attending. I am so excited!
Tweaze, you're from Seattle too?? PNW buddies in Phoenix!![]()
I am!! It's going to be quite a change, but I'm looking forward to being warm and dry!
I'm looking forward to being warm and dry
Careful what you wish for 😀 You will be extremely warm and extremely dry. Welcome to AZ, a lot of people in my program are from the PNW. Seems like a popular migration...until summer comes and they question every decision they ever made 🤣
I have been refreshing my inbox for hours and now I am worried all the rejection e-mails will be sent tomorrow... 🙁
In past years it appears that rejections have been sent out sometime after acceptances and waitlists. I have not heard anything either. So welcome to the rejection club!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I may see you there.In past years it appears that rejections have been sent out sometime after acceptances and waitlists. I have not heard anything either. So welcome to the rejection club!
Las Vegas here I come baby!! 😎
Where are you sitting?I was wait listed as well.. Congrats everybody! Your hard work has paid off!![]()
I think that it is just one wait list.To those that were waitlisted, I was curious to know if there are separate waitlists for the different campuses. I'm thinking of applying next cycle.
I am #23 on the wait list. When should I find out if I'm in or out? I don't want to wait forever. I accepted an offer to UNLV which starts in June.Accepted to the Phoenix campus! After being 4 spots short on the wait list last year feels amazing.
Best of luck to all of you, and to anyone who makes the waitlist don't be discouraged last year they went 24 spots deep
I'm guessing people will start finding out sometime after March 13th which is the date that accepted students have until to indicate whether or not they will be attending. Hope that helps and best of luck/congrats on UNLV!I am #23 on the wait list. When should I find out if I'm in or out? I don't want to wait forever. I accepted an offer to UNLV which starts in June.
Last edited:
Careful what you wish for 😀 You will be extremely warm and extremely dry. Welcome to AZ, a lot of people in my program are from the PNW. Seems like a popular migration...until summer comes and they question every decision they ever made 🤣
I'm super pale (courtesy of WA's rainy weather), and one of my interviewers at NAU suggested I buy stock in a sunscreen company if I was accepted 🙂
Well it may or may not be before June it depends on what everyone else does. You'll just have to wait and see however keep your spot there for sure and just see how the wait list goes. I would call them in a couple weeks after the deadline to accept and see how it's progressing.I am #23 on the wait list. When should I find out if I'm in or out? I don't want to wait forever. I accepted an offer to UNLV which starts in June.
I was accepted to the Phoenix campus as well! Congrats to all that got in and good luck to those on the waitlist. Tweaze, where in Washington are you? I'm living in Seattle right now and the change of climate will definitely be something we would have to adjust to 😉I'm super pale (courtesy of WA's rainy weather), and one of my interviewers at NAU suggested I buy stock in a sunscreen company if I was accepted 🙂
Has anyone else not heard anything yet??? Or has anyone gotten a rejection? Pretty much resigned myself to rejection after seeing the posts last night, then regained some hope with the couple of acceptances today, but time's dragging on and still nothing so the chances are seeming lower and lower...
I have not heard anything since submitting my application.
Dear DesertPT:
"I regret to inform you that you have not been recommended for admission. Your overall application is not competitive with other applications received for the Physical Therapy program."
I don't say this to brag at all, but that above quote is a laughable statement. There were only a limited number of candidates more qualified than I was...I know enough about this process to know that there certainly weren't 120+. I believe I interviewed as well as anyone would. Apparently my interviewers didn't feel the same way.
With that being said, a few things come out of this:
"I regret to inform you that you have not been recommended for admission. Your overall application is not competitive with other applications received for the Physical Therapy program."
I don't say this to brag at all, but that above quote is a laughable statement. There were only a limited number of candidates more qualified than I was...I know enough about this process to know that there certainly weren't 120+. I believe I interviewed as well as anyone would. Apparently my interviewers didn't feel the same way.
With that being said, a few things come out of this:
- I am genuinely happy for everyone that will be attending NAU and I hope you have the time of your lives. Clearly it was not the right fit for me. In the end I believe I am going to where I am supposed to be.
- This just goes to show you how incredibly random, unpredictable and often downright ridiculous this process is.
- I am indescribably happy that after so many months of not knowing that I finally know and can move on with my life. I feel so sad for the people that have to reapply next year and truly wish them the best. There are few experiences I have had in my life that have sucked longer and harder than the PT school application process has.
- God laughs at those who plan. All I have done for the past couple years is assume I had a reasonably good shot at NAU. I never thought it was a sure thing, but I was always confident. Learned my lesson!
Last edited:
I don't say this to brag at all, but that above quote is a laughable statement. There were only a limited number of candidates more qualified than I was...I know enough about this process to know that there certainly weren't 120+. I believe I interviewed as well as anyone would. The fact that I wasn't even waitlisted honestly is a total diss.
I thought this as well when I got mine. Yes, we aren't 5 year olds and don't need a consolation trophy, but this really hurt my pride when I got it lol. I thought "well obviously I was competitive because you chose to interview me over 1,000 other applicants...jerks." hahah...to this day I still can't figure out how NAU determines acceptances, rejections and waitlists. But, I'm in my second year of PT school (at a program that some clinical sites have said the students have better clinical reasoning than NAU students 😎), so can't complain. Good luck in school everyone, you will all do great

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought this as well when I got mine. Yes, we aren't 5 year olds and don't need a consolation trophy, but this really hurt my pride when I got it lol. I thought "well obviously I was competitive because you chose to interview me over 1,000 other applicants...jerks." hahah...to this day I still can't figure out how NAU determines acceptances, rejections and waitlists. But, I'm in my second year of PT school (at a program that some clinical sites have said the students have better clinical reasoning than NAU students 😎), so can't complain. Good luck in school everyone, you will all do great![]()
I agree. NAU's selection process is clearly anything but objective.
In all seriousness though, NAU is a fantastic school. But their selection process falls in the realm of the truly absurd.
Last edited:
In all seriousness though, NAU is a fantastic school. But their selection process falls in the realm of the truly absurd.
Agreed, they are a fantastic school. But I think I've realized throughout the last few years that they aren't necessarily the holy almighty AZ PT school. Less expensive, yes. Longest running, yes. But far superior in education...not necessarily. The other AZ schools (Midwestern, AT, FP) aren't slouches either. I contemplated giving up my spot at my program and reapplying the next year solely to get into NAU, but I'm glad I had my couple days of mourning and moved on. AZ has a great little set of PT schools.
Damn they put some harsh love in your rejection letter. Might as well have said, "Get on their level, betch."
Damn they put some harsh love in your rejection letter. Might as well have said, "Get on their level, betch."
Seriously. Not quite sure why they feel the need to rub salt in the wound.

The other AZ schools (Midwestern, AT, FP) aren't slouches either...AZ has a great little set of PT schools.
Agreed. 👍
To bad the private schools cost an arm and a leg...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K
