Northern Virginia Osteopathic Hospitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmpacherDO

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone...
Maybe someone can help me out... I may need to relocate to the Northern Virginia area during my fourth year of med school and was wondering if anyone knew of some good DO friendly hospitals to do rotations in and possible an Emergency Medicine Residency to apply for.

Does anyone know of a listing of the osteopathic friendly hospitals in the US? (Ones that will take DOs as part of their residency programs???)

Thanks for your help :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I grew up in Northern Virginia, and when I"m done with my EM residency (only 23 more months to go) I plan on moving back. I can't recall any "osteopathic" hospitals. The area is quite old and is more likely to have well established MD institutions.

As for EM residencies in the area, the Univ of MD does take a DO or two a year. York in PA is about 1.5 hours away from the DC area and also have DOs in their program. Hopkins/UVA/GW you're out of luck. MCV has one or two I think.

Q, DO

Does anyone know of any DO friendly hospitals near any of the Army hospitals? I am looking for an Emergency Medicine residency within an hour of an Army base...
If anyone knows of a good source for finding DO friendly hospitals, please post it here

EmpacherDO said:
Does anyone know of any DO friendly hospitals near any of the Army hospitals? I am looking for an Emergency Medicine residency within an hour of an Army base...
If anyone knows of a good source for finding DO friendly hospitals, please post it here

Try posting your question in the EM forums here on SDN, you might get a better response. In regards to DO friendly hospitals, its almost best if you investigate on your own, because there are so many freakin' hospitals out there that are DO friendly!