Northwestern applicants...check your mail

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SpeedRacer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for a rejection letter!

Members don't see this ad.

SpeedRacer said:
for a rejection letter!

do you remember when your page changed to forthcoming? thurs or fri?

SpeedRacer said:
for a rejection letter!

daaaaaaamn. my page just changed to "forthcoming" today and everyone else's changed a while back. i'm expecting a rejection but my lazy-ass mailman decided yesterday's snow storm was reason enough not to deliver today. argh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never interviewed, but I think its funny that my status page still says "complete and still under review". Anyone not interview and get their rejection letter in the mail yet?

SuzieQ3417 said:
I never interviewed, but I think its funny that my status page still says "complete and still under review". Anyone not interview and get their rejection letter in the mail yet?

Me. Oh well I'm sure that I am rejected!

can i just point out that i appreciate the dark humor of the OP - having seen certain other NW threads, and expecting my "forthcoming" letter in the mail in the next few days - thanks for making me smile even though i'm feeling kind of down about this stuff :)

i'm sure my letter's on the way. i've expected it since the morning of my disasterous panel interview though so no surprise.

Got my rejection letter today, and just checked the online status page and it says I'm still under review. Ha. Thank goodness this NU undgrad will leave them in the dust :)

thinknofu3 said:
Got my rejection letter today, and just checked the online status page and it says I'm still under review. Ha. Thank goodness this NU undgrad will leave them in the dust :)
I can't believe they didn't even interview you. Afterall, you went to their undergrad and came out with really good stats/ECs. Crazy.

Hmmm....maybe my letter will arrive tomorrow?

SuzieQ3417 said:

When I applied to Northwestern for med school, I called them every once in a while to find out the status of my app and they kept telling me that it's under review. After a few months, I called again and they said, "Oh, we probably should have gotten your app by now. You should send another one." They lost my freaking app. They eventually offered me an interview after I sent a second app, but I had already gotten into Wash U by then. Make sure they actually got your app and didn't lose it like they lost mine.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I also went to Northwestern for undergrad and had really good stats. Sometimes they just lose your app...

Members don't see this ad :)
SpeedRacer said:
for a rejection letter!

Mine still says "Your application is complete and still under review. This information is updated daily."

Ha. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Butters415 said:
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention. I also went to Northwestern for undergrad and had really good stats. Sometimes they just lose your app...

i went to NU undergrad and interviewed at 10 schools.....i still like NU the best even tho they show no love to their undergrads. heres hoping i get waitlisted

oneaat said:
can i just point out that i appreciate the dark humor of the OP - having seen certain other NW threads, and expecting my "forthcoming" letter in the mail in the next few days - thanks for making me smile even though i'm feeling kind of down about this stuff :)

thanks for noticing ;)

Butters415 said:

Kinda odd since it's all electronic.

OHare said:
Well, it does have to be printed out and placed with your LORs so a reviewer can read/highlight it. Who knows? I guess with 7000 applications, they can get misplaced, but that sounds like grounds for a refund to me.

OHare said:

still havent gotten my letter....and i live seven miles away from Feinberg

LizzyM said:
Feinberg is electronic until interview day. Reviewers read electronic files. I don't know how an electronic file gets misplaced but I guess that it can happen. :confused:

Man, I just called and they had my address wrong (I thought that stuff was automatically updated through AMCAS).....guess I have even more waiting to do

Rejection!

Oh well, didn't want to live in Chicago anyway (too big for me).

Great timing NW, reject a bunch of folks on Valentine's day... hahaha

LizzyM said:
You'd think it would be that way but then again, what would AMCAS do? Prepare daily downloads of address changes & the like to each school for the appliants who applied to that school?? I think that AMCAS sends whatever is current on the day your AMCAS is downloaded to the school. I suppose, if a letter gets "returned to sender" then the school may check with AMCAS to see if there is a new address. Figure that AMCAS is dealing with 33,000 applications and schools like NU with 6,000+. That's a lot of data.

Did anyone at NU give you the chance to up-date your file when you interviewed?

Yeah they actually did, but I just assumed that it updated through AMCAS. When I changed addresses I called a couple schools and they all said if its changed on AMCAS their system updates automatically, so I guess I just assumed this was true for NU as well. Whoops!

pnasty said:
Man, I just called and they had my address wrong (I thought that stuff was automatically updated through AMCAS).....guess I have even more waiting to do
I hope my letter comes to my house...I updated it on the AMCAS in October, and I updated the paper copy when I was at Feinberg. I don't want my mom calling and asking if she should open it.

Durr, it went to my parents house, so I got the waitlist news from my mom.

I got mine on Valentines Day. Thanks Northwestern! ;)

Rejection today.
This either says that this whole application process is crazy or NU interview does not matter for s**hit. Because out of ALL my interviews, NU was by far the best.
The dean of admin even asked if I could WAIT until Feb. Go figure
Anyway, it's all goood.
I might have not even gone there anyway (we're prob all thinking that, right?).

i think this is the most lighthearted rejection thread out there, i love it.

i still havent received my letter! i called in last tuesday and figured out they had the wrong address, and they said they would resend it. then i called back friday and she was like, ill send it out. Still haven't gotten anything in the mail (i live in chicago). I'm wondering if i should just go down there and ask. It's my top choice, so it would be worth the effort in case I am waitlisted. Should I be annoying and call again to figure out why/when it has not/has been sent, or just go down there and see? The ladies that work there are super nice so I don't want to be annoying.

I'd double-check the address: mine was sent twice and while it got to me the second time, the address was a combination of my parents' and my own, so I don't know how it DID get to me... all I can think is that whatever program they're using to load our mailing info into has some wicked default or save problems, because it seems more difficult than it should be to update!

I called in last tuesday and had the address changed to the real address (add in the story above). While I know i didnt get in, i want to know if i was waitlisted or not.

pnasty said:
i still havent received my letter! i called in last tuesday and figured out they had the wrong address, and they said they would resend it. then i called back friday and she was like, ill send it out. Still haven't gotten anything in the mail (i live in chicago). I'm wondering if i should just go down there and ask. It's my top choice, so it would be worth the effort in case I am waitlisted. Should I be annoying and call again to figure out why/when it has not/has been sent, or just go down there and see? The ladies that work there are super nice so I don't want to be annoying.
I'm also in Chicago and haven't received my letter yet. You'd think we'd get them first. I don't think the lady is super-nice. She's very generic and not terribly helpful. All of her responses are canned.