Northwestern Decisions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WaterBottle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
They're out! My status page changed to an acceptance! (I didn't get an email or snail mail yet so I'm paranoid it's a mistake!) Did anyone else's change?!

Members don't see this ad.

Mine Changed Too!

Members don't see this ad :)
It says I got accepted...WHAT!?!?! AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

This had damn better not be another one of their webpage flukes. If it is, I am seriously going to lose it.

BTW, I interviewed at the end of October, and did not hear anything from the first wave of acceptances in December. Based on that and the fact that I thought my group interview went horribly, I was assuming to get rejected/waitlisted in March.

So for all of you early interviewees who didn't hear from NU in December, just know that you're still in the running. It ain't over until it's over.

Accepted! I agree... this better not be some sick joke... I really liked NW!

Congrats to everyone with NU! I am leaning heavily towards this school at the moment.

unfortunately mine did not change. did anyone's change to a rejection?

same! i guess northwestern decided to update their status page early! thats good news for us...

Members don't see this ad :)
did anyone's status page change back to the original "Thank you for interviewing" thing???? mine said i was accepted last night but now is back to what it said before??
AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not again.

This happened to me as well in the beginning of December. They had a "glitch" as they said. Their actual acceptances come through snail mail (thin envelope). My status page wasn't updated until several days after receiving the acceptance via snail mail.

Sorry to hear that guys!

so i just called the admissions office and the lady said that all final decisions are supposed to be conveyed via snail mail and that she didn't know if something "slipped" online but that the decisions shouldn't be released there.

msjlewis--did your glitch say that you were accepted too and were you ultimately accepted?? did anyone's page change to the accepted page and then later they were rejected in the mail??

so i just called the admissions office and the lady said that all final decisions are supposed to be conveyed via snail mail and that she didn't know if something "slipped" online but that the decisions shouldn't be released there.

msjlewis--did your glitch say that you were accepted too and were you ultimately accepted?? did anyone's page change to the accepted page and then later they were rejected in the mail??

Yea. My page randomly turned to "accepted" one day and then reverted back the next. Then around a week and a half later I got the acceptance via snail mail. Status page was updated to reflect the acceptance several days later.

It happened to a bunch of people in nov/dec if you can find the thread. Also no one was rejected/waitlisted in Dec. They were only sending out acceptances. If you didn't get anything in the mail then you would hear in Feb/March.

Now it changed again:

"There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 10, 2008."

I also got the status page change last night -- and now it's been changed to "There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 10, 2008"

I called the admissions office and the woman was also really evasive- saying that nothing should have been posted online other than the later message that I got (that a decision has been made). I asked her if the acceptance page was shown to everyone and she said she didn't know...

this is ridiculous!! you would think after all the status page/email problems they've had this year, they would finally be straight with us instead of telling us that everything is a glitch. i don't know what i would do if the letter came in the mail and i was now waitlisted or rejected!

ugh. i didn't get the accept message last night, and my status page still says the same old "thank you for interviewing, etc.", not the "march 10th letter"

im guessing that means a WL or rejection, but i suppose there is still hope that maybe no decision has been made on my file??

wishful thinking i know...

NW really is dropping the ball this year...

the bottom line is...

did anyone who had there status page change to accepted in december not end up getting accepted in december???!!!???

so if someone hadn't checked last night do you think that...

if it says there has been a letter mailed that that means that is an acceptance?

and if it still says "thanks for interviewing blah blah blah" that is a WL or rejection?

It is fun, yet stressfull, trying to piece this together :)

so if someone hadn't checked last night do you think that...

if it says there has been a letter mailed that that means that is an acceptance?

and if it still says "thanks for interviewing blah blah blah" that is a WL or rejection?

It is fun, yet stressfull, trying to piece this together :)

ya good question...... it seems from this thread that everyone who got an accpetance last night has the "decision has been made... you'll receive by march 10th" message.

the question is... do all people that did not get an acceptance last night still have the "thanks for interviewing message"?

Most likely.

the question is... do all people that did not get an acceptance last night still have the "thanks for interviewing message"?

Yes.

anyone find the link to the december acceptance/glitch thread? i can't find it.

wth is going on, nu??

i had the 'acceptance' message on my status page yesterday, and today it went to "There has been a decision on your application. You should receive a letter by March 10, 2008." I sure as hell hope it comes sooner than that...I seriously need to know that yesterday's status change was not some fluke. If I get a rejection/WL letter in the mail after what happened yesterday I will lose my mind.

wow this whole thing is insane. At this point, I'm glad I was simply rejected pre-interview. I hope that everyone who had that status change gets an acceptance!

i can't believe something like this happened again. NU has been having some issues this year. Hopefully it will get resolved. I hope you guys don't lose too much sleep over this, I'm sure everything will be worked out.

i got this run-around in november. sit tight, guys and gals. let the dust clear on this little setback and dont try to read into the minutiae right now. just wait patiently...its sucks, i know

I really hope nobody who thought they got accepted yesterday withdrew from their other schools...

1.) Does everyone's page say the "Letter by March 10th" line, or are there different prompts?

2.) Post as these letters are received! It can't take them that long to come in....

Good luck everybody.

1.) Does everyone's page say the "Letter by March 10th" line, or are there different prompts?

2.) Post as these letters are received! It can't take them that long to come in....

Good luck everybody.

1) I had the 'acceptance' status change yesterday, and now I have the 'decision reached, letter by March 10th' line.

2) I called the admissions office and asked if she knew when said letters would be mailed. she said 'early march.' god i hope they send that next-day.

I was a part of the November madness (did not get accepted back then), and I can say that if you got the status change yesterday, with the new message, you got in. If it hasn't changed, you're waitlisted or rejected. The exact same thing happened three months ago, and despite what the admissions office told me, the status changes did correlate (perfectly) with acceptances. So congrats to those of you who got them. :)

As for me, I'm not checking the status page until I get a letter, so I can avoid the anguish I went through a few months ago.

I was a part of the November madness (did not get accepted back then), and I can say that if you got the status change yesterday, with the new message, you got in. If it hasn't changed, you're waitlisted or rejected. The exact same thing happened three months ago, and despite what the admissions office told me, the status changes did correlate (perfectly) with acceptances. So congrats to those of you who got them. :)

As for me, I'm not checking the status page until I get a letter, so I can avoid the anguish I went through a few months ago.

I'm confused...when you say that you were a part of the November madness, are you implying that you got a status change back then?

ya im confused also. i suppose you mean that your status did not change in november but you heard that others had?

Oh, hmm. Sorry for the confusion. I interviewed in October so I was following all the status changes in November, and I didn't get one. I then proposed the theory that those with status changes got in, and those that didn't were deferred. The same exact thing happened back then - a message about second look showed up for some people, then reverted back to the original message but without the date at the top. All of those people were accepted. Everyone whose date remained there (implying they had no status changes) was deferred.

I think a similar thing happened last year, too. I don't understand why they do it this way. Either change the status page, or send out letters. I don't know why their process has to be so cryptic.

So...yeah, I was pretty disappointed last fall. I think I'll just wait for my letter rather than know my fate through their dysfunctional status page.

is there anybody who didn't see the 'acceptance' status page yesterday but whose status page now says "decision reached, mailed by march 10th?"

is there anybody who didn't see the 'acceptance' status page yesterday but whose status page now says "decision reached, mailed by march 10th?"

People, for the love of God we need an answer to this question! I do not want to have to assault my lovely mail-lady over the next few days.

Someone please come forth with relevant information. Parsing the previous posts is like trying to decipher an episode of Lost.

lol omg, this thread is going crazY!!!

Hey guys!

So I checked my status page on Thursday as well and it changed to acceptance. And then come Friday morning it had changed to the message that I will receive a letter in march!!! I was freaking out like everyone else....BUT, no worries since.....I actually got the acceptance letter in the mail today!!! I am SO excited!:banana:

So for those of you who saw the acceptance message and then it changed, don't freak out b/c your letter is prob in the mail and this is not just a sick joke!!!

drMaggs, where do you live?

Suburbs of chicago..the letter was dated yesterday so that's why it probably came so quickly!!!

That's great, congrats! :)

Any status change or still "Thanks for Interviewing"?

Just wanted to give some hope to you guys. I got a status change mentioning something about second look in November (when their first batch went out) and got a letter a few days later (unsealed I may add, and a few days late). I would say its reasonable to think that those who got the accepted message will get a letter in the mail soon.

:confused::eek::scared::eek::confused: