Northwestern Decisions!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I had the March 8 and now have March 12, so I don't there's anything to read by the dates.

Members don't see this ad.

Me too- switched from March 8 to March 12.

I guess we just have to wait and see...

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone who has "March 12th" hear yet? Do tell!

Hi all,

I got my letter a few days ago, and I was very surprised to had gotten in! This definitely made my day, especially after getting waitlisted at NYU. However, after thinking about it, I decided to withdraw early becuase I am 95% sure I will be attending my state school.

Good luck to everyone still waiting~! Chicago is an amazing (ly cold) city=D

Congrats to those accepted... You will be very happy at Northwestern Med School...They really pamper and take care of their med students..!!!

Has any of the March 12th people gotten in?

Hey guys,

I also had the status saying "Decision has been made ... you should receive a letter by March 12", and I got the letter today in the mail. Unfortunately, I was rejected :( Hopefully this does not mean bad news for everyone though - keep positive! good luck to everyone still waiting :luck:

do you think there is a differance between those who got the march 8--> march 12 message or the no change-->march 12 message? they could be opposites in terms of wait list and rejection?

Members don't see this ad :)
march 8th message then march 12th.... rejection letter in the mail today.

march 8th message then march 12th.... rejection letter in the mail today.

me too. i blame it one the group interview question where i was asked to demonstrate how to use a toilet (to a person who doesn't speak english ... or spanish ... etc) and yes, i showed em how ... w/ a chair as a prop toilet ... way too realistic for NU ...

gluck!

i got the same toilet question...weird.

Anybody hear anything lately? March 12th letters should be there by now or soon. I'm march 12th and on the west coast so still haven't gotten the letter let. I'm just want to see what people have gotten the last couple days.

I had the March 12th update (I don't know if it was originally March 8th) and got an alternate list letter in the mail yesterday...

I had a March 12th update and I got an alternate list today. Does anybody know how NW ranks their alternate list? Are they one of the schools that says "call us regularly to show us that you are still interested in coming here"?

I had a March 12th update and I got an alternate list today. Does anybody know how NW ranks their alternate list? Are they one of the schools that says "call us regularly to show us that you are still interested in coming here"?

When I had my interview, the dean talked about the waitlist and did say that they don't rank the students. Rather, students that are still interested should contact the admissions office to show their interest, update their file, etc and then they take students off the list this way rather than ranking them.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Got a March 12th letter today--alternate. I decided to decline though, not because I didn't like Northwestern at first, but because their admissions process was so unprofessional. Did anyone else get that slew of "unauthorized emails" sometime in late November? With the swearwords, etc? And then this whole fiasco with the status page being messed up? And then the admissions committee's refusal to commit to an answer despite having already told some applicants about their acceptance? And then, to top it all of, the open, unsealed envelopes?!!????? It's really a shame, because the school seemed so nice at first.

Does anyone know when we are supposed to send in financial aid info if on the alternate list??